EKN Kolibri Harness

Mr Ed

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

reg isc sent us severall things to try out including that krab swivell combo you have on your lanyard,id be intressed to here your opinions on it. also does yours not have any ratings on it

cheers

john

Hey where’d my post go?

Here it is again

John

The swiveling Krab I assume is for convenience of alignment. It works very well.

It is rated at 2500 kN down the spine.

The rope grab is also ISC while the hi-vis flip-line and climbing rope are both Yale.

I do like the Red/orange colour of these particular lines. Even when dirty they’re still unmistakable against tree/vegetation-type colours. One less thing to worry about I suppose. Ive been trying real hard not to accidently spike either of my beautiful new ropes, as as happened in the past. So far so good:proud:

Tim, I don’t know if those slits serve an actual purpose. Perhaps it’s just a means of lessening the alloy content.

That picture you refer to was low resolution.

I've used mine for the last couple of days and I am very,very pleased so far,not done a big tree yet,but a few standard tds.

I have been using a butterfly for the last 3years+ and liked the freedom of movement,but found it a little uncomfortable when spiking(side Ds digging in)and sitting for an time(leg loops cutting of circulation) the EKN seems to have solved both issues.

The build quality is very good,reminds me of my old skybelts but much more comfort and freedom.

Well pleased so far.

Thanks for the recomendation Reg, I have 2 as new harnesses hung up in the shed,bought at various APFs and found not to suit my stile of climbing or body shape.

• 4 weeks later...
Give us a call my phone number should be here now

Just want to say a public thank you to Justin for guiding me throuhg my first climbing gear purchase. I have my course on the 10/3/08 and now i have all the kit needed to get me off the ground.

Thanks mate.

• 1 month later...

just a quick one. does anyone find it annoying that the waist belt has a release on it but not the leg straps? is it still easy to get in and out of? i would have thought having them on the waist and not the legs kinda defeated the object. dont want to end up ruining one if i get one, by having to slide my muddy boot through the loop in whatever direction

jim

just a quick one. does anyone find it annoying that the waist belt has a release on it but not the leg straps? is it still easy to get in and out of? i would have thought having them on the waist and not the legs kinda defeated the object. dont want to end up ruining one if i get one, by having to slide my muddy boot through the loop in whatever direction

jim

Jim

Personally, it would take a lot more than that to anoy me. Although, if I were putting the harness on about 15 times a day then I might get slightly iritated.

Obviously its not as fast as the harnesses that do have quick-release buckles but its no big deal. And no, your not going to wear them out with your boots.

I cant say enough about the harness:icon14:, suits me down to the ground and looks like its really built to last. However, a couple of other arbtalk members, Anna and Buzz, dont like there's at all, so take your time choosing.