CIS Deductions records

garth mc garth

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to check the amount of CIS deductions you have paid? I get the sub contractor statements from main contractors which i can work out easily but our local council doesnt make consistent CIS deductions when paying invoices which is doing my nut in when trying to do my accounts?

Is there an online check or number you can ring?

cheers

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to check the amount of CIS deductions you have paid? I get the sub contractor statements from main contractors which i can work out easily but our local council doesnt make consistent CIS deductions when paying invoices which is doing my nut in when trying to do my accounts?

Is there an online check or number you can ring?

cheers

I,d like to know this also. Last time I tried to confirm what we,d paid I got threatened with a £1000 fine for failing to keep proper records. It,s a joke All I was trying to confirm was what I,d already paid :mad1:

I have the same problem. Only solution i came up with is to start a spreadsheet at the begining of the year and enter the details on every cert or payment receipt as they come in.

I also do the same for any retentions due on jobs, these are logged at the same time and then a reminder is filed for the day they become due.

Forget getting any info from the revenue, they are so disorganized with back logs on CIS its a joke every year the refund gets later and later.

It wouldn't be so bad if they stuck to their original statement of deducting CIS on any invoice of over a grand. Sometimes they deduct on invoices below that amount then other times they don't deduct on large amounts at all. I just want to check what I have paid for my records

Surely if you invoice them for 1000 and get 600 back its easy enough to work out? I find it fairly easy... well my book keeper does... you can deduct the amount you have "lost" from a any paye and NIC that you may have to make in respect of any of your employees.:001_smile:

Gareth,

If you try calling the number that deals with CIS you will never get anyone to pick up, I tried for weeks last year when chasing money that was overpaid. They will only correspond via letter, which incidentally also takes weeks!

Its very frustrating but nothing you can do about it.

Gareth,

If you try calling the number that deals with CIS you will never get anyone to pick up, I tried for weeks last year when chasing money that was overpaid. They will only correspond via letter, which incidentally also takes weeks!

Its very frustrating but nothing you can do about it.

Sounds like a plan. thanks for that.