auger torque hedgetrimmer

Matthew Storrs

Auger Torque - Hedge Trimmer

Don't know if my link will work, never done one before. But what do you guys reckon of this to go on a mini digger. Obviously you wouldn't expect to compete with the speed of tractor flail, but i reckon it could do a much neater job particularly large domestic/estate type hedges? The design basically looks like a large handheld trimmer, would be useful for brambles/scub too i think.

solves the problem of first hard prunes with conventional flails, use this on the first years and a flail there after, would be the perfect solution to the horible tears you get at first runs/seasons with flails.

if i was a consultant specing up rural hedging (say protected hedges (bat flight paths etc) i would spec this in for first and second year runs flail there after annualy.

The finger bar types and the saw blads do do a tidy job on some bigger diamiter stuff and the fingerbars are good on conny hedges etc.....but, main factor to consider is the clean up after, with a flail, there isnt any.

there is clean up but the locals down here just let it all go into the road:001_smile:

there is clean up but the locals down here just let it all go into the road:001_smile:

Depends what you class as a clean up, yes some people do make hell of a mess some how, depends on wich way your running the rotor and age of hedge you are cutting, but generally in comparision, there is no clean up. :thumbup1:

Yes, you would have to clean up after it, thats where the digger mounted brash rake comes in:001_tt2: No I would never expect it to do the job of a tractor, but in some situations it could be very handy for swinging around, if you had a big conifer hedge it would leave a pretty tidy finish (with a good operator) where a flail couldn't go, of course it has the benefit of trimming inbetween a hedge and a fence.

Our Fearless Leader at work bought one exactly like in the video to go on a Takeuchi TB125 (2.8t). Basically it is a complete and utter waste of time and after about 3hrs of use it is sitting rusting. The only way it would half work would be with a completely independant auxillary service as every time you move the boom or try to track the fingerbar as good as stops.You will notice in the video that the driver is slewing rather than tracking to do the cutting.All you end up with is a series of arcs and slow does not even begin to to describe it. Also as already pointed out, clean up after is very time consuming.

Pointless asking if he wants to sell it as he doesn't like owning up to mistakes.

The only way I could see one being any good would be mounted on an old tractor mounted flail arm that the head had died on.

On the other hand we have got a Auger Torque post hole borer for the same machine and it is an awesome bit of kit.

Our Fearless Leader at work bought one exactly like in the video to go on a Takeuchi TB125 (2.8t). Basically it is a complete and utter waste of time and after about 3hrs of use it is sitting rusting. The only way it would half work would be with a completely independant auxillary service as every time you move the boom or try to track the fingerbar as good as stops.You will notice in the video that the driver is slewing rather than tracking to do the cutting.All you end up with is a series of arcs and slow does not even begin to to describe it. Also as already pointed out, clean up after is very time consuming.

Pointless asking if he wants to sell it as he doesn't like owning up to mistakes.

The only way I could see one being any good would be mounted on an old tractor mounted flail arm that the head had died on.

On the other hand we have got a Auger Torque post hole borer for the same machine and it is an awesome bit of kit.

ah, i was worried about hydraulic supply as i know small diggers have that very problem with flail heads. I too have a augertorque post borer which is absolutly fantastic, and as they require the same flow as the hedgecutter I thought it would be Ok, but with augering you dont have to slew or move much so thats where the difference is.

shame, ruin my dreams why don't you!:001_tongue: