leaflet advirtising

markstuarttosdevine

My friend started a plumbing business recently, and due to many negative comment son ehre i've never really bothered withleaflets but he did most of our village straight away and a few areas further away and has had an amazing repsonse so far, i'll deffinatley be investing in some inth every near future.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd disagree with this, to set a good impression you need good quality leaflets/flyers then take in to account fuel to get you to your drop zone and time taken when you could be earning money. Doesn't sound like eff all to me.

Well if a bit of fuel and printing leaflets etc, is too much, well there isn't much hope.

All I am saying is; I have tried local press advertising, YP, Internet, local publications, shop windows etc. I keep accurate records of where all my jobs come from by asking EVERY client where they heard about us, this is marked on the quote sheets which are in triplicate so I have a record of jobs going back years. If you do the maths leaflet advertising pays better than everything except internet and referrals, internet has a very low cost and referrals are free. But, trust me, leaflets are in a very strong 3rd place, how many of you actually keep records of this kind of thing? Do you KNOW that they don't work? or is it just your opinion?

Its easy to spend a few days in the rain dropping a few leaflets you printed yourself getting a disappointing result and saying thats it, they don't work. I KNOW they work because I have taken the time to find out.

If there is anyone on here who has done a 10,000+ leaflet drop and found it didn't pay please speak up.

We've had good luck with leaflet drops. They dead cheap to have decent quality A5 size ones printed, and my kids have done a couple of drops on way to school and a walk around a couple of blocks. Out of approx 200 leaflets delivered we got 3 jobs, all well paying, which led to 3 jobs for other nearby people who, while not responding directly to the leaflet drop, likes the look of us and the work we were doing. So, while the response rate to leaflets was only about 1.5 percent, the number of jobs that actually came off the back of it was 6, which equates to 67 days work for 2 people at £400+/day. That's £2400+ for a few pennies of leaflets. Kids were paid £5 commission for each job plus a few quid for dropping the leaflets off. Leaflet response rate 1.5%, but rate of return of the work gained was more like 2400%. Plus there's good likelihood for more follow up work.

I'd say it can work with minimal effort, and in a lot of ways is far better than being fleeced by newspapers! Plus, you're directly targeting areas where you want to work.

We've had good luck with leaflet drops. They dead cheap to have decent quality A5 size ones printed, and my kids have done a couple of drops on way to school and a walk around a couple of blocks. Out of approx 200 leaflets delivered we got 3 jobs, all well paying, which led to 3 jobs for other nearby people who, while not responding directly to the leaflet drop, likes the look of us and the work we were doing. So, while the response rate to leaflets was only about 1.5 percent, the number of jobs that actually came off the back of it was 6, which equates to 67 days work for 2 people at £400+/day. That's £2400+ for a few pennies of leaflets. Kids were paid £5 commission for each job plus a few quid for dropping the leaflets off. Leaflet response rate 1.5%, but rate of return of the work gained was more like 2400%. Plus there's good likelihood for more follow up work.

I'd say it can work with minimal effort, and in a lot of ways is far better than being fleeced by newspapers! Plus, you're directly targeting areas where you want to work.

I agree, well said.

Hi there when I first started up I did do a few leaflet drops but I chose the time carefully to do the drop them through the door and I did not use leaflets . I useed my postcard sized business cards really well made on thick card and I did the dropping myself

I chose a time to drop them when the doormats would be empty from all the other rubbish going through the letter box so then mine would be picked up on it's own and there was a better chance of my card being pinned up on there notice board .

I got my cards from vista print by the 5.000 and they were really cheap to buy and I had the design and photos of my choice the way I wanted them as it's all done online.

I have not now had to do any drops for the last year . I found I would deliver around 80 cards to get one job from it so with the cards costing about 3p each it was worth it . I found people did keep my cards as many months later I get people ringing me and they said they had kept my card from when it was dropped .

I found also in later drops that selective dropping got a better hit rate when I droped to houses that looked like they needed tree care .

Littletree:thumbup: