structural suppoirt, if money was no object?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

I am keen to find out and to see images of work others have done to support limbs (cedar in this case) where money was no limnitation, and it really isnt here.

I have a client who was given a house when his country was (changing regimes) and he takes the oath to care for these trees VERY seriously, I had a good chat with him today and what an interesting chap I am going to enjoy this job on levels I very seldom get to have.

I have to redo some post supports to some heavy low limbs as the current ones are poorly constructed and designed, i have also to cable some susceptible limbs in the lower mid canopy.

If any of you have had to do this kind of thing before when you could have used done anything and made it the best possible job in todays money wnhat would you design use do?:001_cool:

Surely a CUSTOM built timber support made of oak beams would be one thought, but what are you going for... Out of the box, new and trendy, stylish and traditional, or something to enhance the trees features per chance?

there is a sideways growing Cedrus libani growing in a park near me with railway sleepers as supports, the tree is is more than 45degrees leaning over and the supports have become kind of part of the walkway too, it looks cool:thumbup:

For low spreading lateral limbs where (for whatever reasons) there is not central branch architecture maypole rigging works best (IMO)...I prefer it to propping too in most instances.

Been done quite a few times in the US Wolbert's Inc. - Clients and even here in Oz - Historic mulberry on Kangaroo Island SA (I have not done it nmyself since we have not encountered a client willing to reject the standard repsonse hard limb reduction)