New Knife

Bob Rolfe

Well I don't know about anyone else but Im a leatherman man ive had a few pen knives in my life time right from being a kid my mum use to take them off me all the time and stash them in her locker at work in a hospital one day after she hadn't been to the locker for a few months the locker went missing, she said that the person that opened it probably thought it was an IRA arms dump there was that many pen knives in there. Anyway for a few years, at work to cut rope it always was either the cadge a rusty penknife off someone or use the bread knife you found last year and thought it would come in handy tills i discovered LEATHERMAN they are shiny and heavy full of inner delights and draw me to them wherever i see them. Well i am now on my 3rd knife 4th if you count one i found. Alas if you put a leatherman down and you not in sight of it there like chainsaws they get nicked by thieving gits who wont buy there own. Well this one is something special and probably some of you lads have already got one but this ones mine i had to beg the wife and promise whole heartedly that this one will not go missing and there was forefits if it does plus she had to have the same money on clothes blah de blah ! yes dear ok

leatherman charge with pocket knife

IMG_0675.jpg.e5f854867f518c024bb7156d112d4e3b.jpg

i know there are other knives out there that are suppose to be as good but i dont think ay match up to the leatherman this ones in Costco for 70 quid a good buy i think

I have a leatherman knife like that, not the multitool. mine has the black covering on the body though. I keep it on the back of my harness as my safety knife. cuts through any rope in one pass. exceptionally well made IMO

also have a couple of cheap wooden opinel knives with carbon steel blades. also nice knives

Love em to bits. Simple construction, locking blade and good steel.You can strop them to a seriously good edge.

Andy

Me too. Bought this one in the little french town of Samoens in the haute savoie. Seriously sharp and fine, 9 inch stiletto blade -

A-OPINEL-243150-0002.jpg

Alas if you put a leatherman down and you not in sight of it there like chainsaws they get nicked by thieving gits who wont buy there own.

Are we refering to the one that went missing in the back of the cab, who we both know who nicked it but couldnt prove it along with other climbing equip etc..:mad1:

I have recently bought a couple of little peli tourch & knife sets, they are hiviz which is great as it helps when i tend to drop them, but only in the longest patch of grass around....;)

tut tut, arbtalk will be shut down for glamorizing knife culture!

I have been lucky enough to have a good selection of leatherman's over the years due to my father-in-law working at airport security, so the next time a guy tells you you cant take your leatherman on the plane, it will probally end up in my toolbox.

on my harness i keep the small petzl spatha, its small, and has a carabiner hole

SPS.jpg

I don't use it for anything serious but it cuts a tensioned line quickly.

it lives on a keyring crab

i have a leatherman wave, i've had it 8 years now. one of the guys at work has the same knife bob.

Jamie