Fabricating a bench press...

big fell!

Get that puff pad off that squat bar for heavens sake haha they encourage undergrown traps and rear delts

build some meaty traps and rear delts as a shelf for the bar and you won't need the pad anymore hey presto problem solved,if find bar digs into neck work on flexibility as the bar should sit midway on upper back on traps and Rear delts high bar squats are bad on knees as you cannot sit your ass back far enough to use hips and hammies And encourages knee over toe syndrome

As far as tips on bench press build pay very very close attention to the supports which you unrack the barbell from

you want a L shape with a very small lip on bottom of the L to stop bar rolling off.Most companies make that part too high and instead of unracking using your lats like a pullover motion you have to unsettle your shoulder girdle and roll your shoulders forward,this is how many shoulder complaints begin.Not bad on four plates are those 55lb plates? End of year hopefully I will hit 200kg for a double

whilst waiting for your bench to be fnished hitthose floor presses,they will bump your bench up for sure I swear by them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BF- if it helps I have built myself a power rack which was basically a copy of my local gyms one- I drew it up properly so you are welcome to the drawings if it helps? I've personally squatted and benched some (what i consider!) pretty decent poundages in there so it aint gonna fail any time soon.

PM me if you would like them

Cheers

• 1 month later...

how you getting on with the bench fabrication big fell?

May be better making a simple power rack with adjustable pins on it to press from inside the cage,then you can do many exercises using a power cage,squats shoulder press benching,rowing,rack deadlifts at varying heights etc,be cheaper and simpler to make id imagine aswell.

• 2 months later...