Royal Marines?

Jesse

at 300 a day you would be mugs not to!

and thanks for the prior service lads, good on ya

Nice sentiments Hama, its funny how things work out, i 1st joined in 1984 wanting to do my bit ,but after training ,that war was over, since then popularity (sorry about spelling) of Royal Marines has verieded, as different wars have come and gone so has the popularity of serving members, at times we have been hatted people and at other more recent times more liked, memories are short and people soon forget the sacrifices that have been made. My own outlet since leaving has been working and living with trees for me its not a job its my life now, a sad note is that many of my old mates are now dead, not from wars but from suiside and drink. another thing i do like about working with trees is the camaradery between arborists, its the same as that between Royal Marines:thumbup: did you like that:thumbup1: im not very sensitive and im sorry if iv offended anyone.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trained for a year to get into the marines only to be told after getting a slight hint for a date for my prmc that i cant join because my doctor messed up my medical record :(

Hi George, i only just made it through to my prmc , it was a 3 day thing then, i think it still is, and as i got of the train at lympstone i lined up , stud to atention and had a rabid fomin at the mouth cpl , scream at me ,tell me "the ant no way your passin out" crumbs if i had a plan B i would have run a mile, but i didnt, trianing was hard , BAD ,not as hard as days gone by as i was then told, but to this day i can still remember every day i was there:thumbdown: some of the things i sore, and did , will stay with me forever, one nice or lucky thing did happen while in training, a rest bite, i spent a week with prince Eddward, ithink it was on" Hunters gloom " we had a good crack, we didnt get beasted much that week but straingly iv never seen him since! i never got an inivte to his weding or wasnt asked to be a godfarther:lol: i did over the years get To meet all of em through one funtion or another, isnt the Q a short arse, can i say that with out been baned again? but any way iv had fun and changed my ways but theres still a lot of fun to have, any one on here serv on " the royal yacht " ? when it was in service, im gesing thats a wild shot in the dark!!:lol:

Sounds good still, we had a fitness training day at the nco and they worked us hard and said it was nothing like what is still to come, people were being sick the lot! still If i cant join it must mean something!

OK lets stop there ,if you cant join dont worry , mojo, theres a reason, but life is like a box of chockes, if its not to be then do somthing else, trees me thinkin,think of it this way i had close friends really close friends who got through to the last big yomp at the end, and broke, they left broken men , with no green lid, or even worse, broken young men and it broke my heart to see, but id say dont dwel lifes too short, feel free to ask me anything i dont care ps my spelling is really c**p and im really not happy ,what shuold i do?

Sounds good still, we had a fitness training day at the nco and they worked us hard and said it was nothing like what is still to come, people were being sick the lot! still If i cant join it must mean something!

Hi george, shell i tell you a not very nice event, you must say if you want to hear it, i will be glad to tell it as its played on me for a long time?

I live in a little cottage beside a bridge over the Otter, It is a regular training route for the marines from Lympstone so I have tremendous respect for you guys. To see them in full kit, packs, rifles etc being pushed forward by trainers ( with no kit) makes me realise how unfit I am and how tough it is possible to be. Oh, and by the way, my teenage girls who used to line up at the windows when you passed are now over it.

And your helicopters rattle my windows and effect the tele.

And you gunfire on the common wakes me up.

But we respect you for the job you do and did.

Nice sentiments Hama, another thing i do like about working with trees is the camaradery between arborists, its the same as that between Royal Marines:thumbup: did you like that, im not very sensitive and im sorry if iv offended anyone.

I know what you mean, no line when it comes to having a wind up with us lot!:thumbup1:

Dont think service men where ever hated was they? if they where then lets go and do em over!:thumbup:

as for not being sensitive, and offending folk, you must be a proper arb then!:lol:

Nice sentiments Hama, its funny how things work out, i 1st joined in 1984 wanting to do my bit ,but after training ,that war was over, since then popularity (sorry about spelling) of Royal Marines has verieded, as different wars have come and gone so has the popularity of serving members, at times we have been hatted people and at other more recent times more liked, memories are short and people soon forget the sacrifices that have been made. My own outlet since leaving has been working and living with trees for me its not a job its my life now, a sad note is that many of my old mates are now dead, not from wars but from suiside and drink. another thing i do like about working with trees is the camaradery between arborists, its the same as that between Royal Marines:thumbup: did you like that:thumbup1: im not very sensitive and im sorry if iv offended anyone.

the best quote i heard to describe what you are saying about popularity of soldiers:

God and the soldier all men adore, in times of trouble and no more, for when war is over and all things righted, god is neglected and the old soldier slighted.

i heard that once and it really stuck in my mind, though fortunaltey it doesnt really ring true at the moment. even when i came back from afghan in 2007 most people didnt know and didnt want to know about it. we just got told 'cheers lads see you in 6 weeks' and that was that. but the attitude of the public at the moment must be a great help to the lads coming back, as well as all the charitys set up to help. long may it continue.

also thanks to all the other members kind words:thumbup:

the non sensitve and offending trait seems to be a common one here...:lol: