Wild Boar.

"I'm gonna guess & say he means when they need managing (IE culling)"

Quite possibly, but I and every other woodland owner I know has to manage/cull deer, but I rarely hear the term 'infestation' in that context.

I'd suggest getting in touch with Martin Goulding.

Wild Boar in Britain

Good shout, but Martin may be more involved with studying them than a management programme?

Ian Douglas down here started out shooting them, but I think these days he'd rather see them.

They can root up some ground though!

Think I am sorted now through a friend of a friend :)

I am not looking at hunting sites, I have plenty of mates with them on their ground. I am looking for a woodland manager, who has boar on the ground and manages the wood for timber purposes. I have spoken to Martin before, very helpful and knowledgeable chap but I don't think this is his ball game :thumbup1:

Cheers fellas.

Hows the season going Mark?

Fair enough, I was thinking of Martin as source of appropriate contacts (which I know for a fact he has, but he's a discreet sort of bloke).

Apart from Commission-sponsored test projects, I know of two places using wild boar explicitly as a management tool, one on a small Perthshire estate and one in Shropshire farm woodlands. If your contact dead-ends let me know.

Think I am sorted now through a friend of a friend :)

I am not looking at hunting sites, I have plenty of mates with them on their ground. I am looking for a woodland manager, who has boar on the ground and manages the wood for timber purposes. I have spoken to Martin before, very helpful and knowledgeable chap but I don't think this is his ball game :thumbup1:

Cheers fellas.

Hows the season going Mark?

Very averagely!

Mild weather here and food all over the place means the birds are wandering off the shoots more than usual.

Make make for a good back-end though.