Makita Dcs7901?

Tractor62

Morning all,

I had a 7900 which was a Dolmar, only difference was, was it was orange and no decompretion. Really nice saw, flys right out the box, very acceptable to an exhaust mod. Mine lasted 4 years of production felling and i really did hammer the crap out of it. Power to weight is unbeatable. If you speak to Tim at TCF Engineering, the man who makes the brash trollies, he has both the 7901 in a DIY blue and grey colour and an all out forestry saw in the beautiful orange in stock and ready to go. If you speak to him kindly he also offers an out the box modded saw consisting of big bore kit and a really sweet exhaust mod. If you tell him Peter Hughes sent you, he'll do an even sweeter job on the exhaust mod.

• 7 months later...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the responses guys so it would seem that it's a good saw but quite thirsty could this be mostly down to it sharing the same castings/fuel tank as are fitted to the smaller 7301 and 6401 models and it just appearing to get through fuel quicker as a result. As the biggest bar/chain I plan to use would be 20" do you think the 7301 would cope, be better on fuel and save me a few £ ?. Also does anyone happen to know if my 15" bar and chain from my husky 353 will fit?

Apologys for all the questions but i just don't want to spend out on a saw that is way overkill for my purposes or that is going to be a pain to get usual wearing parts for I.e bar,chain,clutch,sprocket,air filter etc

Thanks tractor62

Bar fitment wise my husqvarna 372xp bars fit no problem . At the moment i have 24" bar on the 7901 and it hammers that one around. Was thinking of fitting a 28" or even a 30" on it as i think it would still cope even with that length.

Jim