What Karabiner?

Grandad

I don't think so, no!

I have a few ISC krabs but I generally buy DMM through choice....

Guess it's like everything else though, it's all down to personal preference....

I sometimes find the ISC Supersafe gate easier to release than a DMM Locksafe, don't know why....

All Krabs coat about the same. I've got a mixture but now know which I prefer. The best is the one that YOU like the feel of in your hand.

Having said that, the DMM 'I Bar' designs look the sexiest so get them.

I recently got a DMM Ultra O and find it very comfy to use but you need to get those plastic thingys that stop the Krab rotating because the Ultra O looks the same when it's upside down!

Depends what application you'll be using them for?

Tree climbing of course! Are you thinking, "I thought Grandad was a retired climber What does he want with krabs?" Well I am doing a little job for an acquaintance, I said I missed the job and when a nice little job drops in your lap you don't ignore it do you?

Also have a mixture but love my little DMM's and will buy some more soonl. Have a rock exotica pirate which opens by pulling the gate down instead of up......I use it on my main line but after 6 months still not sure about it. I'm sure I've heard the gate click when I'm moving around....it's never opened and I'm sure its safe but I feel like I'm climbing with a poltegeist.

Tree climbing of course! Are you thinking, "I thought Grandad was a retired climber What does he want with krabs?" Well I am doing a little job for an acquaintance, I said I missed the job and when a nice little job drops in your lap you don't ignore it do you?

Haha,i meant are you using them for a prussik, hitchclimber etc? Different shapes for different applications. If it's a prussik line you're best off going for whatever fits your hand and feels best

The petzl ball lock ones aren't too bad but it is best you try one out first as they can be fiddlely to some.

Anyway shouldn't you still be using a screwgate?:001_tongue:

I always preferred those over the three way but I am now so used to three way krabs I would probably launch myself out of a tree if I tried with the good old screwgate again!