Land Rover defender would you buy one.?

clyde

I run a 1986 110 tipper with a retro fit 200tdi and I love it . No stereo and crap heaters / noisey cab . I often think about selling her but always come to my senses . Only thing that bugs me is winter time in the landy its cold cold

cold all the time . So I bought an L200 4 work and a plant trailer .The heaters are ace and the stereo to but it will never replace the landy as a work horse . :001_smile:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landy's are ace! I've just bought a 130 td5 and she's a great work horse carries a load well and tows good not as comfortable as my ranger but can do so more. Like others have said make sure you look around as bad/cheap ones can be a money pit but get a gd one that's been well looked after and you will get years of return from it and the other gd thing is that they loose very little value.

I run a 1986 110 tipper with a retro fit 200tdi and I love it . No stereo and crap heaters / noisey cab . I often think about selling her but always come to my senses . Only thing that bugs me is winter time in the landy its cold cold

cold all the time . So I bought an L200 4 work and a plant trailer .The heaters are ace and the stereo to but it will never replace the landy as a work horse . :001_smile:

You make good points here, one of the first things I'll be doing is lining the rear side panels . I've not experienced it yet but it must be like a block of ice in winter.

Get one, but remember to get the best you can and either read some of the landy mags and lok at the buyers guides or take a seasoned land nut with you when you look at it. I bought a brand new one (08) and it has now done 75K trouble free miles, it tows a heavy trailer every day and goes off road too. great truck.

HI apbell you can get retro fit heaters not cheap like the ones in the disco 3 heaters all the best jon :thumbup:

You make good points here, one of the first things I'll be doing is lining the rear side panels . I've not experienced it yet but it must be like a block of ice in winter.

Dont forget about all those gaps very drafty . I woke up one morning to find snow in the cab :lol: You wont regret getting one though brill workhorses . Bit like Marmite you either love them or hate them . Landys :thumbup: