addicted to buying saws

butler

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady on! Can only use one at a time.. Just buy one 390xp, fits everything. 18" bar for small stuff, 3ft for big stuff and hedge trimming lol.

Thats the thing.....but its addictive....we have had to spray "stop buying saws on the office walls"

I'n not as badly affected as you, Butler, but seem to have had a spell of buying or being given old saws that more often than not don't work. Last few months have seen a 357 that needed a barrel and piston (done and gets used now), a 181 that needs a fair bit doing, a 2159 that I bought as a supposed non runner but runs great (currently gets picked up more than any other at mo), a 42 that the guy on ebay's idea of "starts and runs great" differs from mine, and thought I'd hit jackpot today at local husky dealer when I spotted a very tidy 288 and similarly tidy 242 sat on the dead shelf waiting for the owner to decide whether he wanted to rebuild them (had run both on neat petrol from what I can gather) - looks like he's hanging on to them while he gets someone else to "tinker" with them. Hoping I might still get them yet!

Worked it out the other day, my newest saw is still over 5 years old and haven't bought a brand new saw for over 7 :blushing:

I'n not as badly affected as you, Butler, but seem to have had a spell of buying or being given old saws that more often than not don't work. Last few months have seen a 357 that needed a barrel and piston (done and gets used now), a 181 that needs a fair bit doing, a 2159 that I bought as a supposed non runner but runs great (currently gets picked up more than any other at mo), a 42 that the guy on ebay's idea of "starts and runs great" differs from mine, and thought I'd hit jackpot today at local husky dealer when I spotted a very tidy 288 and similarly tidy 242 sat on the dead shelf waiting for the owner to decide whether he wanted to rebuild them (had run both on neat petrol from what I can gather) - looks like he's hanging on to them while he gets someone else to "tinker" with them. Hoping I might still get them yet!

Worked it out the other day, my newest saw is still over 5 years old and haven't bought a brand new saw for over 7 :blushing:

I wish i had the skills required to fix things...i think id be a whole lot richer if i could

I go through phases of saw buying, recently bought one to store as a replacement for my oldest saw (for when it eventually gives up). Having to sell one at the moment to make room for the new one in the safe. They all get used regularly, even though they are all in good order I still can't stop looking at other saws

bought a second hand 088a few months back...worked for 45 minutes then packed in - turns out it had a scored piston and the carb is knackered.

Needed another large saw so bought a new 660 - love it!!

Wont be splashing any cash for a while though as i just renewed all insurances last week which cleaned me out good and proper!!!