Boots

schofield

hi all

im a contract climber requrering new boots

has anybody had the stein explorer boots? are they any good? how durable are they?

also has anybody had the haix airpower gold boots? again are they any good? and how durable are they?

or if there both crap what other boots can anybody recomend????

ps i dont want RED boots!!!!!

i know threads about boots come up all the time and ive looked at alot of them but cant find the answer so thought i would ask

cheers martin :biggrin:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit i haven't worn chainsaw boots for years, just use a normal work boot. However the wife has ordered me a pair of the sacfells for my birthday! I will let you know how i get on. Its the same situation with my climber she have a pair of haix boots but they never get used.

Anyone who climbs without chainsaw boots is IMO opinion an idiot. I've seen boots hit, and the thought of a topper hitting my foot doesn't sound too attractive. I love my protector pros. Was a thread a couple of days ago where most people seemed to agree! Basically, Tey are long lasting and once worn in (go for a 3 hour trek) feel like slippers. Again without wanting to come across as arrogant and confrontational I really can't imagine anyone in their right mind not climbing with ballistic boots on.

Anyone who climbs without chainsaw boots is IMO opinion an idiot. I've seen boots hit, and the thought of a topper hitting my foot doesn't sound too attractive. I love my protector pros. Was a thread a couple of days ago where most people seemed to agree! Basically, Tey are long lasting and once worn in (go for a 3 hour trek) feel like slippers. Again without wanting to come across as arrogant and confrontational I really can't imagine anyone in their right mind not climbing with ballistic boots on.

Why would you cut near your feet?

hi all

im a contract climber requrering new boots

has anybody had the stein explorer boots? are they any good? how durable are they?

also has anybody had the haix airpower gold boots? again are they any good? and how durable are they?

or if there both crap what other boots can anybody recomend????

ps i dont want RED boots!!!!!

i know threads about boots come up all the time and ive looked at alot of them but cant find the answer so thought i would ask

cheers martin :biggrin:

Hi mate i have worn hiax protector lights for the last couple of years and can honestly say they are the best boots for climbing i have had, the only downside is they arnt weaterproof, so i have just got a pair of the air power gold which are the same thing only with gortex so should keep your feet dry. My mate has had a pair for 18 months and says they are great. I dont think you can go wrtong with em :thumbup: But while we are on the subject After just having a look around for new boots myself, i was shocked to see that the latest boots that are coming out are creeping upto the £300 mark, will they last twice as long ??? and be twice as good????i doubt it:thumbdown: good job money grows on trees... matt