Life.

High Scale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE

1940's, 50's, 60's 70's & 80's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always exciting and great fun.

We drank water from the garden hose or tap and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle or can and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank cordial with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, No video games at all, No 99 channels,No Pat TV, No cable, No DVD movies or surround sound.

It's crazy! We even had

No mobile phones, No text messaging, No personal computers, No Internet or Internet chat rooms..........

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we didn't poke out anyones eye.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all!

And YOU are one of them!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with your eyes shut holding a pair of scissors, doesn't it?!

Gawd, How right you are, the sh#t we got upto. Even now, my old man would love to give me a hiding for climbing the church spire at midnight with a gallon of John Smith's sloshing around! and my mother would give me a lecture about having unsafe sex with a slapper twice my age. People would be horrified at the goings on, but, despite two divorce's, a failed business, numerous big knocks, bangs, cuts and bruises, I'm still going. When the kids come to stay, no day time tv, no cumputer games, healthy food is a must and if you fall over and cut yourself, get up and run on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE

1940's, 50's, 60's 70's & 80's!!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

sounds like a normal day at work

damn does that mean we really should be kids to be doing this job

Saw something interesting on the tube for a change a few weeks back, some research showing that if kids don't get to go out and play by themselves, outside of a sheltered area, to climb trees for example, they will never learn what safety is, they will never learn from their mistakes as it were.

if i used to get a cut i wouldnt be bothered or if i fell out a tree and smashed my arm id still stay out till dark,i knnow im only still young myself at 23 but even when i was 10 i could still go out on my own and nobody would be worried, its only the past 7 or 8 years that things have changed dramatically!!!