new climbing rope ?????????????

burrell_

A Spiderjack!! Will these new words never end?

:lol: i hear ya

try this to understand what its all about... granted the guy doing the climbing is one of the best comp climbers in the world but you get the idea of what its about:thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB0KZKADMTY]Spiderjackery HD - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is good isn't he? I can see that the Spiderjack is a lot quicker than a prussic (isn't it prusik?) but jeez boys, it's £190!!! how much is a prusik? Boy, things have changed!

In danger of hijacking this thread, apologies to OP.

Climb safe guys...

yea it is:blushing:

The SJ is expensive and thats why it took me so long to buy one but i dont regret the cost at all and it will outlive many many prusiks and save a lot on sweat also.

As above, apologies to OP for the slight derail:001_rolleyes:

Also the SJ rocks with Imori rope:001_tongue:

Have to say it but I don't like the SJ or lock jack for that matter.... Gave it a good go again this week as I reduced 11 tall ash climbing on it... It's awful for trying to get above your anchor for tips not much better on side growth it seems to twist the rope and give you no slack... And IMO I can get a vt set up to self tend better...not for me!

Have to say it but I don't like the SJ or lock jack for that matter.... Gave it a good go again this week as I reduced 11 tall ash climbing on it... It's awful for trying to get above your anchor for tips not much better on side growth it seems to twist the rope and give you no slack... And IMO I can get a vt set up to self tend better...not for me!

I do agree it is not good when climbing above your anchor point but then your not supposed to be climbing above your anchor point either:sneaky2:

Also its not good for chogging down stems but hey thats why we have so many choices is it not :001_tongue:

The only advantage I can see is long fast descents... I can do exactly the same descents on hitch cord but I have to replace them!!! For rec climbing I was thinking it would be a cool little tool but a complete waste of time in a real working environment loaded up with tools in the wet and trying to reach those awkward branches.... From my angle for work found it a waste of time...

The only advantage I can see is long fast descents... I can do exactly the same descents on hitch cord but I have to replace them!!! For rec climbing I was thinking it would be a cool little tool but a complete waste of time in a real working environment loaded up with tools in the wet and trying to reach those awkward branches.... From my angle for work found it a waste of time...

Yours rope may not be compatible. With a compatible rope it will self tend infinitely better than any hitch set up, guaranteed. No hitch in the world truly self tends. It relies on the climber pulling the rope through the hitch from underneath, therefore not SELF tending at all.

I've been on an LJ for seven years and it was worth every penny in the first week of use.

I do know exactly what you mean when working around the same height as your anchor point but in reality we spend very little time in that area so the hassle is negated by the positives.

That's not meant meant to read as argumentative. Apologies. :thumbup: