new climbing rope ?????????????

burrell_

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i climb on armor prus and a VT all on poison ivy i think steve was on armor prus and imori last time i saw him climb and he climbs on a vt too!

the vt is a great hitch, it allows you to have a stiff solid hitch or a super "sporty" slippery one depending on how many turns you give it and how you set it up. just make sure you give it a test before you use it at work, you need to constantly look at the hitch to make sure it is set to grab, if not it is prone to slipping.

once your used to it though it is awesome.

hope this helps

Is that the black 8mm liros you use Steve?

I was using that on distel and VT hitches using yale blaze and scorch climbing lines and xtc for side lanyard with a distel and micro pulley. I found it bound up a bit especially when the ropes got wet or dirty. It was pretty stiff stuff too as you say.

I am climbing on blaze with beeline at the moment and a VT and it seems to work ok most of the time, but due to my bad tying of the VT needs help to grip every now and then.

BTW Since going over to beeline with the vt i have found it wants to rotate all the time meaning the braids dont bite effectively. I assume this is to do with the leg length being either a bit long or slightly uneven at the mo? (must retie tomorrow...)