Using Chalk

Tom willetts

did you not find the rubber on the builders gloves gets stuck in your climbing hitch.

Like you say some like the timberland and some dont, but I have a goosed right hand from yonks ago and gloves just give it that helping hand in the cold and these seem the best so far.

Buy good qaulity rubber palm gloves like some of the Showa ones they last much longer and tend not to peel just wear. They are much grippier than Timberland requiring much less grip force to grab the rope.

Now winters kicking in i'll have to invest in some, i usually cut the fingers off to make using hardware easier.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a pair of the Timberland gloves a year or so ago, and found them next to useless for gripping rope, handling slippery, wet timber, infact most of the jobs we do. Gone back to the cheap rubber treated builders gloves for just about everything, except of course FC felling work, where the chainsaw gloves are required at all times on the saw.

• 2 weeks later...

If your in a healthy sexual relationship with a woman, it probably means you wear gloves. Look at your hands right now. Are they split and ingrained with tannins and diesel or grease? Rough right down to the fingertips? Where do you think your gonna put them? Hey I dont always wear gloves, but sometimes I do. What could be more manly than having hands fit to caress the body of a woman?

If your in a healthy sexual relationship with a woman, it probably means you wear gloves. Look at your hands right now. Are they split and ingrained with tannins and diesel or grease? Rough right down to the fingertips? Where do you think your gonna put them? Hey I dont always wear gloves, but sometimes I do. What could be more manly than having hands fit to caress the body of a woman?

Not in a healthy relationship then, JJG? Or do you just not bother asking the lady what she likes?

I think most women would prefer rough hands on a man... much more masculine. Nothing sexy about men with soft hands, believe me! In fact, it's a bit creepy!

Maybe that's just my oppinion... :001_smile: