stihl 026 not revving out

manxgp

hello to all, my 026 is having a bad day. its run really well for the last year but has now decided to not accept full throttle. the symptoms are as follows, it starts ok warms up but after a few revs to ensure we are ready for battle the engine dies when the throttle is opened to start cutting but when the trigger is release the carb finds its own setting and the saw ticks over again.

if it was one of my motocross machines i would suspect a main jet problem, so i decided to put a complete carb kit in and ensure that i cleaned to the best of my ability all the airways when it was totlally striped down. i have put the rebuilt carb back on but she stiil will not take half to full throttle. i have set the carb screws to base settings but still no good, a new plug has gone in as well.

any ideas what to tackle next please

cheers

stu

hello to all, my 026 is having a bad day. its run really well for the last year but has now decided to not accept full throttle. the symptoms are as follows, it starts ok warms up but after a few revs to ensure we are ready for battle the engine dies when the throttle is opened to start cutting but when the trigger is release the carb finds its own setting and the saw ticks over again.

if it was one of my motocross machines i would suspect a main jet problem, so i decided to put a complete carb kit in and ensure that i cleaned to the best of my ability all the airways when it was totlally striped down. i have put the rebuilt carb back on but she stiil will not take half to full throttle. i have set the carb screws to base settings but still no good, a new plug has gone in as well.

any ideas what to tackle next please

cheers

stu

sometimes when the condenser starts to pack up you can have missing at higher revs, usually the hotter the worse it gets

My initial thoughts are the fuel tank breather or the fuel line being bad - hook the fuel filter out and see if the fuel line goes real thin and is very soft - if it is, the pull of fuel against the filter can make it contract and cut fuel.

Other than this, check the gauze filter in the pumping section of the carb!