Small saw advice

windfall

The 346XP, a saw with big kahoonas, goes like stink, light and good AV:thumbup:

Yes, so I've been told:sneaky2:. I've only had the saw since tuesday but have been ill and only used it for a couple of minutes. I did read through the whole of the handbook, inspected the saw all over but no sign of these legendary kahoonas? Perhaps you could tell me where they are located on the saw?:confused1:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, so I've been told:sneaky2:. I've only had the saw since tuesday but have been ill and only used it for a couple of minutes. I did read through the whole of the handbook, inspected the saw all over but no sign of these legendary kahoonas? Perhaps you could tell me where they are located on the saw?:confused1:

Pop off the cylinder head, and you should see them :lol:

Look on here for threads on the 346xp, or the best small saw etc. It seems most people (even those well-informed, quality-minded Stihl customers) really rate this saw.:thumbup1:

Alternatively, look through Wooded's posts, in at least one out of three posts he'll tell the world how much he loves his, I find it a little disconcerting:lol:

haha too right... the 346xp is by far the best small saw.. had mine a year now and havnt had any problems whatso eva. i just fitted a full chizel chain to her and she is rapid

Only fault on the 346 is the fact it rolls over when you place it down on uneven ground - just been using my ported one - Vvveeeeeerrrryyyyyy nice:thumbup:

yh dito it likes to lay on its side but that aint a problem. spud put a vid up of ur ported beast

i got th echo cs420es takes no efort to start the saw its like pulling a bit of elastic so easy ilght got quite a bit of grunt to it i run it on a 15inch bar you get 2 years warrenty if your a pro or 5 years if just a d i y person aslong as you take them to get serviced once it olny cost arouns 26 pouns for an extray year of wannety well worth it but my saw bought it new in 2005 still works like new to day and i havent even had to chane the filter tune it ob or give her a plug all i run is echo saws as i personally hate stihl

here is two new echo's on the bays cheeper than the 400pound pluss stihl ECHO CS4200 ES PETROL CHAINSAW .NEW | eBay at 299 pound and the other one ECHO CS4400 PETROL CHAINSAW .NEW | eBay at 350 all start bids but i bet the dont get a bit as not many people know how good they really are supper saws you can go bigger at ECHO CS-500 ES PROFESSIONAL CHAINSAW 50.2cc + Stihl oil rrp £658 | eBay buy now 365 + 15 postage bargin

I couldnt spend £400 on an echo, call me a badge snob ;-)

As the log sales are REALLY kicking off i think i will be waiting and saving for a month and buying myself a spanky new saw. I will go to the dealers and look at the husky 346 and also back to the sthil dealer to fondle the 241.

Cheers for the help and advice.