vosa

markstuarttosdevine

Your right. So long as your main job is not transporting goods in a vehicle, so in other words you are taking your tools to carry out work not delivering then so long as your are 50km from your base your fine. Got stopped by vosa and the police carrying a tracked chipper on my iveco 3.5t and the dude from vosa suggested I should fit a tacho. He even suggested I should fit it to my navara. So looked into it more a proves that not even vosa can clearly identify who should and shouldn't have tacho's. Bored of this countries Bureaucracy bull.

Its europe wide legislation mate.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will always be aholes on the road VOSA won't stop them.

And if everyone run 100% legal do you think VOSA would decrease? I think not.

You make it sound that VOSA are great guys who are saving us from the evil dodgy operator.

The fact is that if you operate lorries at a commercial level they make it harder and harder to stay within the law. With there employees who think that there policemen and over the top on the spot fines.

It's a joke am all for safe road but we have them, try driving in other European country's and you see the difference.

My best mate had an air leak on the trailer in Poole last week got stopped and was given 3 points and a £150, some of the fine was for not have a finishing date on a previous card.

Why not instruct the driver to driver to a repair centre which he had to do anyway. The answer, because they act like tax collectors.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

'without predudice'

i deal with vosa guys most days of every week, my main job isnt arb but commercial repairs...

in my experience it must of been a major air leak for 3 points too of been given???

with regards to the fine..... a maximum of £200 per infingement is enforceable.. 1 bad tacho can theoretically cost a driver in excess of £1000

it isnt hard to stay within the law, why moan about it??

on the other side you do get picky vosa inspectors who may seem ott, but....

ive seen some very dangerous vehicles they have prohibited from use,

as some one else said.. they are a neccasary evil.. keep tidy & legal & they aint so evil

There you go again with the assumptions......

I get away with what I can where I can, I have been on the wrong end of GV9 before now, it was my fault, I knew there was a problem and put it on my “to do list” they got me before I got round to it, my fault no whining, I just took my licks and moved on.

See you had nothing to say about my point on weight.

I am not making assumptions your telling us that you get stopped twice a year and if you look tidy and things are kept good your in and out in no time.

Make your mind up... You have been found out of being the lover of the VOSA but now your going say you have had GV9 due to sloppy operating

Your weights issue is history and as a statistical example of ONE is pretty irrelevant. It’s something you should have dealt with at the time. You didn’t do anything about it then so don’t moan about it now.

I had a GV9 10 years ago for a braking issue on a chipper, had to get a job finished and winged it for a day or so. It wasn’t sloppy operating, I knowingly winged it, got caught and learned that if you are anything like near the edge stay away from checkpoints

I don’t love VOSA but I am beginning to like the fact that they cause you such annoyance

'without predudice'

i deal with vosa guys most days of every week, my main job isnt arb but commercial repairs...

in my experience it must of been a major air leak for 3 points too of been given???

with regards to the fine..... a maximum of £200 per infingement is enforceable.. 1 bad tacho can theoretically cost a driver in excess of £1000

it isnt hard to stay within the law, why moan about it??

on the other side you do get picky vosa inspectors who may seem ott, but....

ive seen some very dangerous vehicles they have prohibited from use,

as some one else said.. they are a neccasary evil.. keep tidy & legal & they aint so evil

Jesus Christ we are getting it now, WITHOUT PREDIDICE think you will find lad it without prejudice. We are not passing legal correspondence.

Don't understand you found that you needed to start with that but anyway.

I know about fine as I have owned and drove commercial vehicles for over 13 years.

It's not hard to stay within the law, well seen you fix them and don't drive them. As far as the air leak go's I don't know how bad but it was moving so how bad could have been.

It had started leaking that morning.

Some of them are not just picky they go far over what is reasonable to resolve most problems.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

*As far as the air leak go's I don't know how bad but it was moving so how bad could have been.*

end of story as far im concerned....

i stated the first paragraph as we are on a public forum..... what i write is 'without predice to any party' ....

thought that might annoy someone :001_rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!!!

what difference would it make if i do or dont drive them??

i have a class one licence..........

how would you feel if your family was injured by an ill maintained hgv that couldnt stop because the driver had an air leak, which he didnt see the relevant dangers of because it wasnt major enough to lock the brakes on??????????????????????????????

*As far as the air leak go's I don't know how bad but it was moving so how bad could have been.*

end of story as far im concerned....

i stated the first paragraph as we are on a public forum..... what i write is 'without predice to any party' ....

thought that might annoy someone :001_rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!!!

what difference would it make if i do or dont drive them??

i have a class one licence..........

how would you feel if your family was injured by an ill maintained hgv that couldnt stop because the driver had an air leak, which he didnt see the relevant dangers of because it wasnt major enough to lock the brakes on??????????????????????????????

Knew that was coming "how would you feel if your family was injured" why did you not just say killed, what a stupid question.

Your weights issue is history and as a statistical example of ONE is pretty irrelevant. It’s something you should have dealt with at the time. You didn’t do anything about it then so don’t moan about it now.

I had a GV9 10 years ago for a braking issue on a chipper, had to get a job finished and winged it for a day or so. It wasn’t sloppy operating, I knowingly winged it, got caught and learned that if you are anything like near the edge stay away from checkpoints

I don’t love VOSA but I am beginning to like the fact that they cause you such annoyance

Bet you don't enjoy it as much as me, when I see a thread with VOSA in it and then along comes treequip to put the forum to rights.