Chainsaw gloves in a MEWP

gubby_uk

You don't have to wear gloves up a tree top handle or rear handle, can't see why it would be any different on a mewp.

And anyway do your own risk assessment, and decide yourself what's safe.

Or is someone telling you what to do and your not sure?

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

You don't have to wear gloves up a tree top handle or rear handle, can't see why it would be any different on a mewp.

And anyway do your own risk assessment, and decide yourself what's safe.

Or is someone telling you what to do and your not sure?

Yes. The company I work for are so anal they should have been proctologists! I haven't had to wear them until today and it bugs the hell out of me. They say it's a grey area so have gone for the full fig.

Well that would change things, but if you say you don't feel comfortable or confident wearing them and working the saw, can't see how they could force you to wear them.

Somebody will know better than as am not 100% sure when it comes to mewp.

I would say, and this is only my opinion, that if the company specifies that a particular item of ppe is required to be worn, then you should just wear it. They pay for your ongoing training, ppe, insurances and so on, and they have a responsibility of care for you whilst you are in their employment. You do have a choice, you dont have to wear the gloves, they dont have to keep you.

Andy that's the problem but company's make people do things just because they can. It's not that it helps the business nor h&s it's just wear it do because you have to.

And we feel because they pay our wages that it is best to say nothing in fear of rocking the boat.

I do know where you're coming from, and totally sympathise. In the OPs situation, I would wear the gloves as directed, wear them out in a couple of weeks, ask for a new pair, repeat as often as possible, they are far dearer than grippy gloves. I would also be working to the letter of H&S rules, HAVS regs etc etc, in order to meet company requirements of course. FTR I have a pair of chainsaw gloves, they are now 16 years old and fairly immaculate, they do wear well you know :hmmmm: