Ash Transplants

Would anybody be interested in Ash transplants. Looking to start in November through to March with sizes from 1ft upto 15ft. Site is east coast near Grimsby but I will be transplanting 2000 to my own farm Nr Bolton so can also supply in North West. Thought about 50p per foot.

Anybody think there is a market.

Also have specimen hawthorns but will probably just rip them out.

I will make enquiries, but certainly worth getting word out to nurseries. Pricing is god Your price is probably ok but 1ft will probably be slightly expensive at 50p. Straight, strong tall trees at 15ft probably worth more than £7.50. Trees are sold by a circumferencial girth measurement at 1 metre high of the ground for example 10-12cm.

Depending on how much you want to put in to marketing you could try crowders nurseries at Horncastle Lincs and probably deliver in worthwhile quantities to you.

Be interested how it go's.

Will ash transplant well without being undercut? Just a thought.

If you transplant when the tree is dormant I dont think there is a problem. To be honest ash grow like weeds on our land.

Only issue we may have is a high pressure gas pipeline goes across the field and they get very nervous when the see an excavator.

if u can pack the thorn into a bag and onto a courier then i'd have them at the right price to make it worth you doing. Also some ash at around12-24" would be welcome my way, but depends on how many u wanna get rid of at a time?:biggrin:

PM me an email address and I could send photo's of the hawthorn I think it would need severe pruning to get into a bag for a courier. I do have a trailer which would allow transport without pruning. Bushes are approx 4ft across.