morris lubricants

mdt

i have recently got some morris groundforce 2 stroke oil but daft thing is no rates mentioned on the packaging and just had a look on website, no mention of it either. was wondering if anyone else uses it and what rates they use?? tia

50:1 I would imagine; it's more tool specific than oil specific.

http://www.morrislubricants.co.uk/Downloads/GForce%202T%20TDS%20150%20Iss%203.pdf

http://www.morrislubricants.co.uk/Downloads/GForce%202T%20TDS%20150%20Iss%203.pdf

http://www.morrislubricants.co.uk/Downloads/TDS%20Groundforce%202HSS.pdf

Only JASO FB and FC respectively. FD is higher.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

If you go by the saw manufacture instructions then they all say along the same lines of use 50:1 (2%) of their own brand which they have control of formulation but if you use any other brand its 20:1 (5%)

So you then end up referring back to the bottle of 3rd party 2-stroke oil for its specs to then decide if to use it at either 20:1 (5%) as per the saw manufactures instruction or use 50:1 (2%) contra to the saw manufactures instruction which in turn voids any warranty.

I find Stihl 2 stroke oil works out cheaper than Morris 2 stroke oil when you consider the former comes in e.g. 5L cans wile the latter comes in 4L cans. ;)

I get my 2 stroke oil from Forest Lubricants in the Forest of Dean, they had the contract to produce Stihl 2 stroke oil a while back. Basically he hasn't changed his formula and says (after some analysis) pretty much all 2 stroke is the same. Therefore running 50:1 will be fine running 20:1 may gum up your saw (but may not) and will cost you over twice as much in oil...

So 50:1 all the way for me.

I get my 2 stroke oil from Forest Lubricants in the Forest of Dean, they had the contract to produce Stihl 2 stroke oil a while back. Basically he hasn't changed his formula and says (after some analysis) pretty much all 2 stroke is the same. Therefore running 50:1 will be fine running 20:1 may gum up your saw (but may not) and will cost you over twice as much in oil...

So 50:1 all the way for me.

Yes “pretty much all 2 stroke is the same” if you choose the absolute lowest spec which all will meet, however there are differing API, JASO & ISO specs so only the highest quality 2-stroke oils are able to meet ALL the highest specs, thus your statement of “pretty much all 2 stroke is the same” is grossly erroneous and factually WRONG!