Fiskars wood splitting axe Swansea

Guss100

I know of a German retailer that will sell these for €60 (=£50) +postage which is €17.50 (=£15) to the UK. Postage to the Netherlands is €9. so I thought I could bring a loaf back with me (going over for a bit this weekend) but then sending them in the UK for less than £5 would be a bit hard, so for £65 you can all get your own.

Fiskars Spaltaxt X27 92 cm 2600 g Axt 778032 NEUHEIT (6411501225009) | eBay

I have no ties with this here vendor, I did enquire about a bulk discount or discounted postage but the man says no.

Thanks for the heads up Rover, mine arrived today after ordering on monday :thumbup1:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had an email from amazon.com in the states offering me 6 different fiskars axes from the X27 to the X7.

Just for a laugh I tried again to buy the X27 and it wouldn't let me but I could buy the X25 if I wanted it.

Seems to me that Fiskars may be the ones stopping the sale of the X27 not amazon.

I already contacted fiskars and got a worse email than the one I got from amazon!!!!!

My reply from them was

" We are looking at launching the 122500 X27 Splitting Axe in 2013. "

Maybe worth waiting?????

Then further on in the reply it recommends the x25. What???

Then it goes on to say you can buy the X27 from a european seller for around £130!!!!!

My question is why does the whole world get to have this particular item before the UK? Its like when a British made film premiers and is released in hollywood weeks before elsewhere?

Im not patriotic in the least,I worked right through the Jubilee as normal.

Conclusion is I think you are right Bobh. Its a strategy of fiskars.:thumbdown:

Try this link [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M3BAQE/?tag=vglnk-c1451-20]Amazon.com: Fiskars 7884 X27 36-Inch Super Splitting Axe: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame] I ordered from them 12 months ago and got one to my door for about £50. :thumbup1:

I've half a mind to order a couple more to sell on for a small profit.

BTW, how do you think you would get on at customs if you were to bring some back from abroad? Obviously they would have to go in the hold luggage, but would there be any issues do you think?

Edited by brassmonkey001

• 1 month later...