Frost this morning!!

farmer_ben

Peckerwoo, you seem meterologically competent so any comment on this.

2 or 3 people have mentioned to me that our recent weather has been very similar to 1895 weather. Any truth?

Considering most people have not much memories from before they're 5 those several people would have to be at least 121!

I was brought up to respect my elders, so I'd say they'd probably be right!:thumbup:

Considering most people have not much memories from before they're 5 those several people would have to be at least 121!

I was brought up to respect my elders, so I'd say they'd probably be right!:thumbup:

Some of our ahem how shall I say, older farming gentlemen in this area look older than 121!

But it wasnt them I was speaking of. Perchance the people who mentioned it to me had read it somewhere?:001_tt2:

(Actually on thinking back I'm not sure if they were literate, so mebs you are correct:blushing:)

Edited by corylus
Added punkchewashon

Peckerwoo, you seem meterologically competent so any comment on this.

2 or 3 people have mentioned to me that our recent weather has been very similar to 1895 weather. Any truth?

It is a somewhat vague comment cory but the general conception is that their are certain views regarding matching lengths in time between similar patterns of weather, temps and conditions etc. but although this is more than simply "googling" scriptures and news articles then their are an overwhelming amount of factors to consider that would fill up so much here that it would become tedious even for a meteorology geek like me :D

A spinning body and mass of air and water is unfortunately never simply diagnosed never mind predicted?

That`s the last we should see of any frosts for quite a while now, other than one or two rural and/or high altitude locations and where light winds and clear periods allow temps in the low 30`s now the nights are long but very low chances of any widespread ground frosts. All as a result of a ridge of high pressure starting to build over central/eastern Europe and become static so with a slack meandering polar jet stream allowing for any Atlantic systems to run up to the Europe based block and NOT dislodge the ridge eastwards into Russia then our air will always have a southerly influence for at least the next 7 days and beyond, albeit with exposure to unsettled windy conditions the more west, and through tuesday, south west in the UK one would find themselves.

So, unsettled as bands of rain affect us all particularly Sunday and Tuesday but never really cool with temps average to slightly above and where you find yourselves under clear skies in between any frontal activity then one of those pleasant warm periods I didn`t rule out for October the other week may transpire for any sheltered areas?

The more I look then the further away any wintry outlook seems at the moment therefore although we are roughly 4-5 weeks away from the same time last November when the cold blast occurred then its not looking anything at all like it was at the time this year.

I trust this brief outlook isn`t puzzling nor dis-agreeable but it simply predicts no particular boom in solid fuel sales just yet ;)