Harness for pole saw seen at APF show

Simonsnr

Anyone see the harness for the pole saw at the APF show?

arborist200x150.jpg

At the time I didn't pay much attention to it, but since then I've just got a job to trim a half Kilometer 10' high conifer hedge and am thinking I could do with something like that to save my arms. Found this link for what I believe is the harness I saw, can't find ANYTHING else on the net remotely like it. http://www.easyliftharness.com/index.php

Spoke to a local retailer who said he can get me one, thinks it will be about £280........My question is, has anyone tried one/bought one, or the very least, examined one closely? Reckon they are worth the buy. Got good money on the job, so can afford to shell out the dosh, just want to know if it'll save my back/arms?

Cheers Chris, I'll do that! Annoyed that I didn't pay it much attention on the day. Don't have much call for that Kind of setup, but with this half K hedge, thats a total of a Kilometer and a half of one years growth to trim (both sides + top).

I did it two years ago, and it bloody gave me tennis elbow for six months....well think it was that, I was single at the time.....so I'm hoping it will save me a heap of energy, and maybe time too?

The retailer I spoke to who said he can get me one said there were two kinds. He said that he was going to get the more heavy duty one for the sake of an extra £30, any idea what the difference is between the two are?

Cheers for the link Charlieh.

lighter one only has one gas strut for hedge cutter heavy one has two for handling the extra weight produced at the pivot point when using a polesaw extended,

although if its mostly for hedgecutting/strimming the lighter one may be preferential as it may take less effort to balance it better? i dont know may be worth checking out which is going to be more appropriate to the end use