Why no Toyota J40 type pickups in the uk?

blazer

I have often wondered why Toyota don't import the tough pickups like the later J40 into the UK. I've been in plenty on site work in central Brazil in the early 70's they always looked tougher than a landy, which many Brazilians claimed wasn't tough enough for their potholed roads in the remote areas. Recently seen in Libya with the NTC, they have larger wheels just tougher than normal pickups and ideal to me for arb work, no fancy seats and carpet - just 100% 'man truck':thumbup1:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

arent they basically just a landcruiser with bigger than average wheels - I dont see any reason why you couldnt get a landcruiser in the Uk and mod it, but why would you bother when you could just get an similar year model hilux for less wedge?

From the ones I have seen they are different with a simular appearance to a landy with older Jeep type front wings but bigger and tougher, used alot in South America and many countries with dirt roads - will try and find the model.

They are not that big - I can't find the model I'm looking for, just look on 'news @10' with the NTC in Libya, they have higher cabs. If imported I can see a problem putting a pair of 20mm cannons down on my firearms cert:lol: