Ickworth Wood Sale 2011

Andy Collins

What an utter disappointment, after many successful years the National Trust has blown it! Now little better than a rich mans boot sale, very little emphasis on the core subject now. The biggest stall was the bar (maybe rightly!!) Endless stalls of over-priced tat that could be bought from a Poundsavers for a fraction of the price. There were a few good stands, Steve Woodley and Rick Lewis showing their fine hand hewn timber beams Tim Atkins doing some chainsaw carving, the steam powered saw-mill and so on. BUT come on National Trust, sort the brain dead toffy-nosed bimbos out on the gates, if I dont want to be a member then dont keep on pushing, I came to see a Wood Fair, not be coerced into a membership of something I'll not benefit from till I get me bus pass and go on Saga holidays.

Andy, I went 2 years ago and was bitterly dissappointed then tbh, parents and sister went yesterday and commented that there'd probably not go again. Very disappointing they thought. One chap offering firewood processing though with mobile machine was interesting to talk to dad said

I had the same experience on the gate as Andy. Can't say I'll bother to rush back next year. Spoke to the bloke with the mobile processor - £40/hr and reckons he will process 2-3 cube/hr. On a brighter note had lunch at Whepstead White Horse - very nice.

I had the same experience on the gate as Andy. Can't say I'll bother to rush back next year. Spoke to the bloke with the mobile processor - £40/hr and reckons he will process 2-3 cube/hr. On a brighter note had lunch at Whepstead White Horse - very nice.

Whepstead White Horse is a cracking pub :thumbup:

£40/hr is good money, is that inclusive of fuel? i struggle to get £30 for £25ks worth of tractor and hedge cutter and my time!! good luck to the chap, i'd rather be doing his job