Views on L200 (newer shape)

farmer_ben

I've had a new shape 06 for 3 1/2 years now and it's a great motor as I used it for carrying all my tools when self employed and for lamping ect. Put a decent set of boots on her and youl be fine I get about 550 a tank on a run and about 460/500 normally nice to drive and can fairly nip on to. Mine is an 06 4life so not all singing an dancing but works for me. Best bet would be to have a few test drives see if you could get a24hr go. Oh nearly forgot I had to change the leafs but that was only 230 notes all in with new bushs from milliners

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a new shape 06 for 3 1/2 years now and it's a great motor as I used it for carrying all my tools when self employed and for lamping ect. Put a decent set of boots on her and youl be fine I get about 550 a tank on a run and about 460/500 normally nice to drive and can fairly nip on to. Mine is an 06 4life so not all singing an dancing but works for me. Best bet would be to have a few test drives see if you could get a24hr go. Oh nearly forgot I had to change the leafs but that was only 230 notes all in with new bushs from milliners

is that a single or double cab?

The original one was an 02 plate - that was crap

then we got a brava - which was worse

that got nicked so we unwisely replaced it with another l200 which was a 04 plate

eventually after about 3ks expenditure on repairs we auctioned bothof them and got a ranger and a transit van

I used to have the old shape to and they were fairly gutsy and were well know for a few problems. But seeing as Mitsubishi sell a third of the Market in pick ups your bound to hear a few horror stories as there is more on the road

I have a 5 year old L200 tipper with a 900lb Warn winch on the front.Excellent on or off road loaded or empty. As a one man band its a godsend. No problems at all have only changed the battery.Mirrors are not heated which is an annoyance on frosty mornings. Very hard riding on the road when empty. Dont overload it or you wont be able to tip.

Previos truck was single cab Ranger nice truck but no tipping option hence the L200. On double cab trucks the load is not really between the wheels not good for handling or anything else.