Stihl Super Harness?

Old Mill Tree Care

I've just seen this on the FR Jones website. It seems to be an alternative to the Easy Lift Harness.

I can see that it will transfer weight to my legs but it looks as though the weight of the hedge cutter will be on one side of the harness, which seems a very strange idea.

I'd like to get an ELH in the spring but the price makes my knees wobble. This Stihl is over £200 cheaper!

Anyone with any experience or more knowledge on this new harness? :001_smile:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldmilltrees Save your money for a ELH. I love my competition for selfish reasons. The harness you are referring to will transfer the weight of a pole saw to your hips while at the same time pull the operator forward. I have tried this product on and had it attached to a power pole saw, I like the ELH better.. I did not try it with a extended power hedger since the first experience was enough. The ELH will in fact lift up to 100% of the implements weight and transfer that energy through out the back back frame work. The product you mentioned is cheaper, and as the saying go's "you get what you pay for". Good Shopping.

easy-lift guy

Ive got the stihl one & find it quite hard work. If your quite tall like me the wrap around metal piece sits on your shoulder with the weight of the pole pruner no matter how much you adjust it & the engine keeps getting in the way. So it spends most of its time in the van!!

I'm thinking I could knock one of these up in an afternoon with an old

rucksack frame, some ally tubing and a shocker off the wife's hatchback.

Oh no, let's not let this turn into another Stein trolley type debacle. Folks saying they can make the exact same thing for a fraction of the cost!

I'm sure the ELH is a quality product that went through a lengthy development process and that costs money.

Jammy Dodger swears by his ELH.

It's obvious from one photo that the Stihl harness is a flawed design that may work with a small hedge cutter.

I only asked the question out of curiosity.

Oh no, let's not let this turn into another Stein trolley type debacle. Folks saying they can make the exact same thing for a fraction of the cost!

I'm sure the ELH is a quality product that went through a lengthy development process and that costs money.

Jammy Dodger swears by his ELH.

It's obvious from one photo that the Stihl harness is a flawed design that may work with a small hedge cutter.

I only asked the question out of curiosity.

Did someone call ME

I was one of the members that said they could make an arb trolley for a fraction of the cost :blushing:

I sat down and poured over the videos on youtube and the pictures on the forum of the Arb trolley and after doing the sums went and bought the real thing, and its been well worth it :thumbup:.

If anybody managed to make a lookalike Easy lift harness and it was even half as good as the original they would probably also have enough brains to do the sums "As I did" and work out that the depreciaton on the investment was less than the ammount It would cost in time, effort and materials to try and replicate the design.

I was working on site a while back and a couple of houses up were having there hedge cut, the guy using the hedge trimmer was obscured from vision by a cloud of blue smoke from an incorrect fuel oil mix :thumbdown:.

I could have said nothing but instead I gave him a bottle of husky low smoke, I also told him about Aspen :thumbup1:.

My reason for doing this was'nt because I hoped to gain in anyway, it was because the job we do is hard enough and anything that helps make it easier is worth sharing.