What's on your bench today?

spudulike

New project, 346xp with a chunk missing from the exhaust port. Fitting a hyway 353 kit from tesgol.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1407527758.722167.jpg.040efcfbda0e79a39c15689c511d87f8.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1407527774.824718.jpg.805c8cf5988e859a2d7769c56958158e.jpg

It'll need a clean, before anybody comments!

Assembly was going good until I stabbed my finger with a screwdriver...

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

New project, 346xp with a chunk missing from the exhaust port. Fitting a hyway 353 kit from tesgol.

[ATTACH]163000[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]163001[/ATTACH]

It'll need a clean, before anybody comments!

Assembly was going good until I stabbed my finger with a screwdriver...

That..........thing is worthy of some of the kit I get in, we need to get compressor leaflets and send them out with the repaired and cleaned machines:001_rolleyes::lol:

I think it's possible to make a case for cleaning before dismantling! At least you're not going to stab your finger because it's buried in sawdust!

Certainly prevents a crank case full of dust/chips, thus making short work of wrecking new piston/rings/cylinder etc!

:thumbup1:

Well, I've had to replace the brake band of the 560 today, as the old one (the faulty type) has finally broke! It was a stupid design and I'm surprised it didn't go sooner... Shows how little use the brake gets! But I can't help wonder why husky use a spring so powerful that it could take out a moose! The Stihl ones are ever so easy to change!

Busy weekend, got the two MS361s back together, stripped both carbs as both had uneven idles and fitted new accelerator pumps - thanks to Hugo at Rowena Motors for a bit of technical input.

Go the MS660 back together with a new crank, did a bit of porting on it and all seems good.

Started a clean, strip, port and rebuild on an MS200 and a 034. The 034is in good nick and is a bit of an old banger to be ported but will be interesting one to see how it turns out!

A good point to watch. My rebuilt 357xp would not idle at a reasonable speed so I stripped and rechecked the pressure and vac again. I'd used Spud's tip about using an "o" ring on the impulse and used a narrow "not Jubilee clip" on the manifold connection. Pressure and vac were still fine, but carb failed the pop test. Service kit from Hugo at Rowena has solved the problem, saw now running as sweet as poss. lesson: check the carb every time......

Had this in on Thursday, a little bit of diversification on my side. Wouldn't start and a strong smell of petrol......badly flooded so took the choke off and gave it a fistfull on starting and bingo, one damn loud kiddies KTM fixed.

Gave the neighbours a laugh racing up the road on it - got a bit wobbly at speed though:lol: must be my 6'2" frame and 14 stone:001_rolleyes:

IMG_20140815_224856.jpg.3998a15e88b266ab2367897614161a77.jpg