What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Well. Well well.

Ok scrap anything to do with the makita or the husky. They are not wanting to be fixed and will be collected by the customer.

Now how should I handle this.

He is addimant that he can still use the husky himself. Now as I see it fine the chain brake isn't there or working, that's his fault if he hurts himself. The problem I have is the chain tensioner. It just not there so there will never be tension on it and the chain will break and knacker the bar.

I have told him about this and pointed it out. But seems he is not listening to reason. Doesn't even want to pay for the tensioner to be replaced. This bill wouldn't be much.

Also the makita is going back aswell. Just need to make sure he pays me for my time before taking the tools away.

Bit of a shame that I won't be repairing the tools, we looking forward to bringing t he husky back to life.

Well. Well well.

Ok scrap anything to do with the makita or the husky. They are not wanting to be fixed and will be collected by the customer.

Now how should I handle this.

He is addimant that he can still use the husky himself. Now as I see it fine the chain brake isn't there or working, that's his fault if he hurts himself. The problem I have is the chain tensioner. It just not there so there will never be tension on it and the chain will break and knacker the bar.

I have told him about this and pointed it out. But seems he is not listening to reason. Doesn't even want to pay for the tensioner to be replaced. This bill wouldn't be much.

Also the makita is going back aswell. Just need to make sure he pays me for my time before taking the tools away.

Bit of a shame that I won't be repairing the tools, we looking forward to bringing t he husky back to life.

He sounds like the sort of person that shouldn't be using a saw :001_smile: You can lead a horse to water etc :001_smile:

He won't be able to hurt himself. With no tensioner the chain will come off the bar as soon as he pulls the throttle, jamming itself up somewhere before it even spins. I am sure he will then bodge it somehow (glue the bar on in the tensioned position with some Araldite?) and it will work briefly, then fail and he will give up, put it in the shed and buy something new and shiny from B&Q.

Alec

Here is a nice pic of some plugs - far right lean, middle over heated - doesn't show it but it is a graphite grey colour, and far left is a proper job - nice colour!

The far right one came from a lean seized MS880, the middle one, a seized bad fuel damage.

P1030587.jpg.71de61b73da10fd7868c7c1786f14d88.jpg

Need a picture. I'm thinking your looking at the porcelain bit.....

Really? I'm referring to the little metal pin electrode that connects from the HT lead, where the spark jumps from, to the arm that connects to earth via the screw thread on the engine. The edge of the pin has a slight white halo on it, the rest of the plug is a nice biscuit brown, with a little excess carbon on the outer threaded ring of the plug. I was wondering if, whilst the plug suggests ideal, if not slightly rich tuning, maybe the idle was set a bit lean, causing the white halo? Or is it just nothing?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App