What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Got given a mower other day. A Flymo with Briggs and Stratton engine on. Filled with fuel and it fired up. Hadn't been run for 2 years aparantly. Sharpened the blade and may sell on. Also might get another identical one aswell. Fixed a Honda for a friend and he has the Flymo in his shed.

Also picked up a stihl 191 (I think, didn't look at it too much as I was going home) dies when the throttle pulled and funny tickover. Had a quick look at carb, filthy. Give it a strip down and clean and while doing that check everything over.

There is much behind a Chainsaw engine is there? Must be reasonably easy to rectify a problem. I know I undertook a Stihl 024 for the misses dad the weekend. Just renewed the carb kit etc. Followed a YouTube video. :thumbup1:

It is good fun messing around. (with engines that is)

Nah, it is all easy, pretty simple in the main:001_rolleyes:

Think if you read a few threads on here you may understand that it isn't all simple unless you are well aquainted with the principles of the two stroke and even then you can get some pretty weird things going on:lol:

Generally, the more practical you are, the easier it gets:thumbup:

Personally, I find working on saws bliss as you can get them on a bench and work on them with your back straight!

Edited by spudulike

Got the week off so finally managed to build up the stihl 075 (110cc) Started on the 5th pull so im happy. Cant wait to get it stuck into some wood and see how she goes!

Second job of the day was replacing the intake boot on the 357xp, whilst at it I removed the base gasket and upped compression to 185psi.

Just waiting for a new crank to turn up for the 051 now, all stripped an cleaned and just playing the waiting game for it to turn up before I can reassemble it...

Big thanks to Rob at Infinitree, he has yet again offered to get me out of trouble on an eBay pickup - another cock up on where places are - once mistook Plymouth and Portsmouth.....well they are both on the south coast:lol:

Well close I suppose :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you need my map of the uk so you can look at where these places are.... :001_tt2::001_tt2::lol::lol:

R.E two strokes. IMO four strokes are easier and give less problem symptoms than two strokes. And easier to figure out. But it's just me.

Well close I suppose :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you need my map of the uk so you can look at where these places are.... :001_tt2::001_tt2::lol::lol:

R.E two strokes. IMO four strokes are easier and give less problem symptoms than two strokes. And easier to figure out. But it's just me.

Mmm - two places, same name, 80 miles apart:blushing: my dad used to work at the one I thought it was...Doh:001_rolleyes::lol:

Seen your map - it is full of orange dots!!!

Mmm - two places, same name, 80 miles apart:blushing: my dad used to work at the one I thought it was...Doh:001_rolleyes::lol:

Seen your map - it is full of orange dots!!!

Hamm, PORTSmouth..... PLYmouth..... Can see the confusion. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: one is the epicentre for the navy and docyards into the uk. And I'm not really too sure about the other. :blushing: didn't hey name a car after it:001_tt2::lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear spud. Bless ya.

:lol::lol:

Stick to what you know :thumbup1::thumbup1::lol::lol:

Hamm, PORTSmouth..... PLYmouth..... Can see the confusion. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: one is the epicentre for the navy and docyards into the uk. And I'm not really too sure about the other. :blushing: didn't hey name a car after it:001_tt2::lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear spud. Bless ya.

:lol::lol:

Stick to what you know :thumbup1::thumbup1::lol::lol:

Think a little known sailor and explorer called Drake may have sailed out of Plymouth to upset the Spanish and their Armada.....but what do I know:lol:

Think he was thought as a bit of a Pirate by the Spanish....the rest is history:thumbup:

That's what I love about this forum.... Learn something new every day. :lol:

What shall we cover now Rich - perhaps we should start a "Found out something interesting today" thread:thumbup:

Always good to learn a new fact or two...my bosses roof was constructed out of old ship timbers - very old oak frame and the timbers had obviously been used before - an expert reckoned Fench!

Seems our Royal Navy in those days went round robbing anybody that sailed near them with something worth pinching.....sort of sounds about right...mugging our Euro friends:lol::thumbup: