What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Yellow last week, all Red today!

I have just looked at my records, when these are finished I will have serviced 82 ride-ons since Jan 1st, thats nearly 200metres if lined up![ATTACH]122892[/ATTACH]

Barrie - have you ever thought about lawnmower racing - you could run an alternative to carting with that lot, charge the punters £40 a time and tell the owners it is part of the testing procedure:thumbup::lol:

Tached another MS200T, the accelerator pump is now isolated and the saw runs spot on - it is the fully tuned variety so has a bit more....punch:thumbup:

The MS260 was a worry, it had a new piston, was returning high compression but stopped after around 5 mins of running and wouldn't restart, had visions of a failure like Rich had - snagged rings but the conpresson still felt good and I had smoothed the exhaust port as I always do.

Checked the spark - none, checked the lead, fine. Changed the plug....a good spark, tried my patent special plug with 4mm gap....fat spark so...the plug had failed, first one ever:blushing:

New plug fitted, tached, still pulls 180psi so all is rather good apart from telling the owner I wasn't that happy with the bore and would knock £20 off my repair bill.....before I measured the compression:blushing:

Oh well!

Oh that brings back memory's.

Think it was a 026 tho. That was one crane canyon of scores.

Still fixed easily enough and still running strong. My bench is currently empty until next week when a stihl blower gets dropped off and three hedge cutters come in. Oh and the dreaded 250 arrives aswell.

I've been offered a lot of tool stuff aswell. Not sure what I'm going to do with it all. A huge tool storage cupboard full of odds and sods. And a few other bits and pieces. Just got no room for it all. Will have to start construction on the shed soon.

A Tanaka TBC230 in today, it suddenly developed a problem where it would not run at slow speed.

This is classic crankcase leakage, but extremely unusual to have this, or any other problem with a Tanaka. They are ultra reliable. In 20 years of dealing in tanaka's I have only had one crank seal failure

Anyway, a crankcase pressure/vac test revealed this crack in the crankcase. Reckon it must have been dropped.

Expensive.

005.jpg.ff6ea75546d6cefdbd3937b0222dedca.jpg

002.jpg.601e3bb6c3dcb9f029e9bb4bebbf5dc7.jpg

003.jpg.4858f14235ab906b36f5bd543ae724fc.jpg

004.jpg.49fb4d9361a5e134468b5719ad45d3f6.jpg

Quick Question for you guys it may be a silly one. But how do you torque down the bolts on the piston housing, i know i need a torque wrench but all the bits i have are to small and wont fit in the holes in the top of the house. Iv used a long Torx key to get them hand tight atm

Quick Question for you guys it may be a silly one. But how do you torque down the bolts on the piston housing, i know i need a torque wrench but all the bits i have are to small and wont fit in the holes in the top of the house. Iv used a long Torx key to get them hand tight atm

I tighten them until my wrist clicks.

Finished porting the 372XP, nice job, pics on the Muffler Mod thread....just had three more MS200Ts in, all with idle issues, have baked the carbs in the cleaner and just need to strip them and pressure/vac test them before reassembly and testing.

Sorry fellas but to do a proper job you need the right tools. No comeback on broke head bolts.

Try these out.

3/8" Dr 9pc 200mm Long Torx Socket Set | eBay

Its been many decades since I broke a head bolt, and just as many since I used a torque wrench on small engines.

Might have broken some in the early days though, whilst still "calibrating" my 'tech wrench'