What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Mtd walk behind mower with mtd thor 35 engine what are the valve clearances on this engine? The owner has had a play now i have to fix it[/

.004" Intake

.006" Exhaust

+/- .001"

Piston 1/4" past TDC.

Something like a wooden pencil can be used as a depth gauge. You'll have to "interpolate" a bit, since the pencil will go in at an angle.

Mtd walk behind mower with mtd thor 35 engine what are the valve clearances on this engine? The owner has had a play now i have to fix it[/

.004" Intake

.006" Exhaust

+/- .001"

Piston 1/4" past TDC.

Something like a wooden pencil can be used as a depth gauge. You'll have to "interpolate" a bit, since the pencil will go in at an angle.

The 1/4inch is not too critical, its just to get the cam follower off the decompressor.

Mower is done. Was feeling lucky today so got on with it. Tapped it out with a small punch. :thumbup1:

Then its onto the ms200t. I know its Sunday but once I get something I just can't leave it alone. Will do my head in thinking about it all night. It turns over and comp doesn't feel bad so will do some tests.

image.jpg.0400c8f6e840cd9c66ac8491dedb9495.jpg

So maybe someone could help me a little bit here.

The saw below was suppose to be seized. So the customer said. He took it somewhere else and they gave him a outrageous price for fixing it. I've just emptied it from the bag and they have taken the handle to pieces.:confused1:

Always thought that a seized saw the cylinder would be removed first???

Anyway here it is before I even start on it.

image.jpg.c78253a81470fb678ebe4825dda02c0a.jpg

200 apart. Snapped rings on four places. Badly scored piston on snap lines. Scored cylinder but beyond repair.

So new piston and cylinder. Repair bill will be above what the owner wants to spend. See what happens.

Oh and exhaust gasket wasn't even in the right place. Was hanging out the side of exhaust. :001_rolleyes:

image.jpg.13315cc6143408271e0cd8de5f2f66fc.jpg

THANKS GUYS

WILL GET ON WITH IT IN THE MORNING

COMPRESSION SEAMS LOW SO WILL DO LEAKDOWN TEST FIRST

If the valves are too tight the compression will be low, but even if the engine is in perfect order you will not get an accurate compression reading due to the action of the decompresser.

So maybe someone could help me a little bit here.

The saw below was suppose to be seized. So the customer said. He took it somewhere else and they gave him a outrageous price for fixing it. I've just emptied it from the bag and they have taken the handle to pieces.:confused1:

Always thought that a seized saw the cylinder would be removed first???

Anyway here it is before I even start on it.

They have either pinched a bit they needed or had no idea on how to remove the handle - both pretty pathetic IMO:thumbdown:

They have either pinched a bit they needed or had no idea on how to remove the handle - both pretty pathetic IMO:thumbdown:

I'm going with no idea how to remove he handle. Everything was there. Just removed the lot. Didn't even touch the cylinder.

Hey ho. That's what I do. If it was done right then I wouldn't have it. :thumbup1: