What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I have found the parts to the pole pruner, how long would it take to ship from l&s spud?

Even better! They're down the road from me :D

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If you are local then they have a trade counter, if you order online - 3 - 5 days is typical if the parts are in stock.

Don't know why you are asking me - I don't work for them:lol:

If you are local then they have a trade counter, if you order online - 3 - 5 days is typical if the parts are in stock.

Don't know why you are asking me - I don't work for them:lol:

Only realised this after, noticed the number was a local one

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

On the subject of metering valves - anyone know the correct setting for the old type on a Stihl 076? It's the kind where the pin from the diaphragm sits between two arms on the lever, rather than on top of it.

Cheers

Alec

I think you will find it should be level with the surounding casting of the carb body.

Are you gonna bring that 026 round sometime so I can have another go at it - gotta be electrical I reckon!

Did you fit a new welch plug when you did the carb rebuild?

Couldn't get it on my bench but it had me confused none the less. Out in the Transit yesterday and hooked up a clients trailer to run some rubbish down the dump, on route the speedo stops working. Thought it a bit odd to randomly pack up. So got under it today(had to grease prop as the new one had nipples on it) Had a quick look at the speed sensor and shaft in the box, all seemed ok. so thought it could only be the wiring or the speedo head. Had the book out to see what fuses do what and there is one fuse for the instrument cluster but that was ok. Went through all the fuses while I was in there and founs the brake light fuse had gone. I think their lights must have shorted and popped the fuse. New fuse in now brake lights work and so does the speedo! Whats that all about? All my years as a mechanic I have never come across that.

Couldn't get it on my bench but it had me confused none the less. Out in the Transit yesterday and hooked up a clients trailer to run some rubbish down the dump, on route the speedo stops working. Thought it a bit odd to randomly pack up. So got under it today(had to grease prop as the new one had nipples on it) Had a quick look at the speed sensor and shaft in the box, all seemed ok. so thought it could only be the wiring or the speedo head. Had the book out to see what fuses do what and there is one fuse for the instrument cluster but that was ok. Went through all the fuses while I was in there and founs the brake light fuse had gone. I think their lights must have shorted and popped the fuse. New fuse in now brake lights work and so does the speedo! Whats that all about? All my years as a mechanic I have never come across that.

Smile nervously, walk away and don't mention it again:blushing::lol: