What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Thought i would post a pic of my current bench at the moment and what it looks like compared to gardenkits.

It's currently part of d a tree surgeons workshop that I'm using. The best part is I'm under negotiations to get a good size workshop, so hopefully I will be set up very soon. Watch this space. And I will stop bringing saws home and stripping them on the coffe table. :lol:

image.jpg.9920882fe9ce9ebff9c0d0ce7191d2f6.jpg

Thought i would post a pic of my current bench at the moment and what it looks like compared to gardenkits.

It's currently part of d a tree surgeons workshop that I'm using. The best part is I'm under negotiations to get a good size workshop, so hopefully I will be set up very soon. Watch this space. And I will stop bringing saws home and stripping them on the coffe table. :lol:

Is your work bench magnetic? :001_tt2:

I like Rich's bench, and I like my bench..... but which is best????:lol:

[ATTACH]105025[/ATTACH]

It's got to be mine. Mine looks like its a Working bench :lol::lol::lol:

Ok I will wait until a deal is done on my new workshop and I get it kitted out then I will take some pics. :thumbup:

Had a Huskie 136 in today which just would not pick up and run.

I tested the compression which was down to 90 psi !!!!, so I removed the exhaust for a peep at the piston, which looked fine.

So now i am a bit baffled as the saw had apparently been running fine until it suddenly was not, but there had been no seizure so i guess it had been running on 90psi.

So I checked the favourite problem on these saws, the impulse tube, and indeed it was split.

Fitted a new tube and the saw started first pull. Put it into a log and it cut perfectly after a small tune up. Even with only 90psi, strange but true.

P1000637.jpg.2b56d44e7124891bffa888cd4f1edb38.jpg

P1000641.jpg.edd937404844a77e6666aee985de1f16.jpg

Not sure how that 019 is running on 60-70psi - usually around 110psi is about the least that will work and Barries 90psi is pretty ropey as well.

Pulled the 345 apart, the previous owner had fitted a rim drive sprocket without changing the oil worm drive and it was never specified with the part so the inevitible happened, the oiler worm drive/pinion was forced in to the seal and has killed both the seal and the worm drive:thumbdown:

New sprocket, worm drive and bearing/seal to be fitted:thumbup:

The saw was perfect on pressure testing but leaked like a sieve on vacuum plus it didn't rev down to idle swiftly but held on to the revs after revving flat out.

Pulled off the cylinder and those interested will note that the lower crankcase is made up from the engine cradle that holds the cylinder. It is made of hard engineering plastic and works well. The 345/350 are decent enough saws feeling similar to the 346 and have punchy performance.

P1050003.jpg.3b1d61e4d4eac4b41da108099fa8e391.jpg

P1050002.jpg.8b5c919a856cc6f17c06a6194a03087a.jpg

The 019 isn't running great on 60 psi Steve.... it's utterley gutless, you won't cut anything with it... unless very patient and using a technique similar to the bloke in that McDillen video.....

On completion I'm aiming for the 130 psi you suggested is needed for a saw engine to run properly.... not sure what these normally run at but it's some way off that at the moment!