What's on your bench today?

spudulike

SHOTGUN! Look at that!! :biggrin:

That looks seriously aggressive, i can't wait for the pi$$ taking from my Stihl owning employers to begin!

That's grand Steve, videos this weekend with Burrell?

Chris

If I can pull Martin out of the conifers he is felling:lol:

Will Youtube them once done:thumbup:

A quick question over the ht131 four mix engines.

Should it run if the valve cover is off???

No Rich, the 4 mix engine requires a sealed crankcase very much like a 2 stroke, and the volume inside the tappet cover is integral to this. With the cover off the air/fuel/oil mix cannot be drawn into the cylinder.

Help!

Having been having desperate trouble with my Hs81 trimmers recently. Starting from cold (not always easily) they will run fine on full throttle, then once warm as soon as you lift off they fall into a weak idle and stall, being nearly impossible to start.

Things I have done, ultrasonic carb clean in dealers, exhaust de coked, new diaghram kit, meter valve height checked, new plug, tried friends coil pack, tank breather replaced, tank filter replaced.

Tonight I tried to pressurise the crank case through the inlet port, and squirted soapy water on seals and base gasket etc. No joy! They always stink of fuel and seem to be wet exhaust side. Should I go for a new carb, I'm all out of ideas! Thanks.

Help!

Having been having desperate trouble with my Hs81 trimmers recently. Starting from cold (not always easily) they will run fine on full throttle, then once warm as soon as you lift off they fall into a weak idle and stall, being nearly impossible to start.

Things I have done, ultrasonic carb clean in dealers, exhaust de coked, new diaghram kit, meter valve height checked, new plug, tried friends coil pack, tank breather replaced, tank filter replaced.

Tonight I tried to pressurise the crank case through the inlet port, and squirted soapy water on seals and base gasket etc. No joy! They always stink of fuel and seem to be wet exhaust side. Should I go for a new carb, I'm all out of ideas! Thanks.

Compression tested??

Just as Rich asks, have you tested the compression. Although compression tests on 2 strokes are not definitave, they do give a very good clue as to whats going on.

Your symptons, difficult cold start, not idling, very difficult hot start, wet exhaust, are all typical of a low compression.

I would do a comp test and hope to get around 120 psi, but I expect you will only have about 80 psi with those symptons.

If this is the case then the next step is to find out the cause.

Best of luck.