What's on your bench today?

spudulike

a day for stihl today. ms200t, very fast idle. butterfly sticking open.

880, tries to rip your arm off when starting, checking this one tomoz, going straight to the flywheel.

230 i think, running funny, took air filter off and there is excess fuel going into carb, so checking meter valve.

and a km combi tool that had broken its pull cord, its brand new aswell. new cord and all is well, no signs of wear around the pull start assembly. or sharp edges. this pull start assembly is strange, uses two springs on either side to create a delay in the pull so it builds up then just pulls, bit like the elastic pullers but not.

That 230 Rich, may be worn piston skirt causing blowback on crank pressure cycle or just the L screw a bit rich, seen this on 024/026 before!

That 230 Rich, may be worn piston skirt causing blowback on crank pressure cycle or just the L screw a bit rich, seen this on 024/026 before!

maybe. its not immidiate tho. once it starts running for a bit it stalls out and fuel is pouring into the air box.

Spud, ive got a question , what is the min/max carb settings on a Jonsered 455. My neighbor past it over the wall to get it going. Have stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the HDA carb on it but can't find any Jonsered info just Walbro.

Jim

Spud, ive got a question , what is the min/max carb settings on a Jonsered 455. My neighbor past it over the wall to get it going. Have stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the HDA carb on it but can't find any Jonsered info just Walbro.

Jim

Don't know for sure but try one turn out on the H & L screw - it is what most saws are set to bar a couple.

sorted the 230 out today. meter valve was leaking and the end had worn, replaced and reset arm hieght. all good now. but compression is down to around 140-145 psi when hot so will need replacing soon. its used behind the chipper.

looked at the 880 aswell. nothing wrong with flywheel key or coil. the coil was a little bit close to the flywheel as i couldnt get a piece of paper in the gap. so reset the gap. and managed to start it without ripping my arm off.

sorted the 230 out today. meter valve was leaking and the end had worn, replaced and reset arm hieght. all good now. but compression is down to around 140-145 psi when hot so will need replacing soon. its used behind the chipper.

looked at the 880 aswell. nothing wrong with flywheel key or coil. the coil was a little bit close to the flywheel as i couldnt get a piece of paper in the gap. so reset the gap. and managed to start it without ripping my arm off.

Good to hear the MS230 is running and that one of my three tips was right, not that you probably needed it.

I have seen these saws run fine on low compression so it may last longer than you think!

Think you have retarded that 880 ignition, probably get the owner complaining about lack of power now:001_rolleyes:

Good to hear the MS230 is running and that one of my three tips was right, not that you probably needed it.

I have seen these saws run fine on low compression so it may last longer than you think!

Think you have retarded that 880 ignition, probably get the owner complaining about lack of power now:001_rolleyes:

will see. i havnt got any timber big enough to test it out on. only small stuff compared to an 880. :001_rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

need some big red woods to fell with it just to make sure:thumbup:

it powers up fine, did run the tip of the bar into a bit but couldnt tell. the coil is now 3 paper thickness away from wheel.

had a very good phone call today......

person. "do i know what the torque is for an 090 head?"

me "not off the top of my head sir, will have to look at the manual for you, if you would hold on for a minute i will check or i will call you back."

person, "what kind of saw mechanic are you? you dont even know the torque settings for a saw? think i will go to someone who does know, you sound like you dont know anything"

didnt even get a chance to give a reply......:001_rolleyes::sneaky2::sneaky2:

will see. i havnt got any timber big enough to test it out on. only small stuff compared to an 880. :001_rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

need some big red woods to fell with it just to make sure:thumbup:

it powers up fine, did run the tip of the bar into a bit but couldnt tell. the coil is now 3 paper thickness away from wheel.

had a very good phone call today......

person. "do i know what the torque is for an 090 head?"

me "not off the top of my head sir, will have to look at the manual for you, if you would hold on for a minute i will check or i will call you back."

person, "what kind of saw mechanic are you? you dont even know the torque settings for a saw? think i will go to someone who does know, you sound like you dont know anything"

didnt even get a chance to give a reply......:001_rolleyes::sneaky2::sneaky2:

No torque data for an 090, rich, just 12hp advertised power rating

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App