What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Emailed GHS last night about the faulty piston and received this reply today.

Hello,

Yes this seems to be a fault with this product. I will have a replacement piston sent out to you today.

Regards,

So thats a good result. Not too worried about the cost, just more the fact that it wasnt something I done wrong. I always had good results with Golf pistons before.

Right. Recoil spring for this damn hedge cutter.

It's. a stiga one. Sorry can't remember the numbers but I just can't get the spring back in it no matter how much I swear at it. :lol:

Did try making up a jig that I could wind the spring in then just press it in, but no joy.

So does anyone know who is a stiga parts dealer please.

Will get the numbers off it tomoz.

Right. Recoil spring for this damn hedge cutter.

It's. a stiga one. Sorry can't remember the numbers but I just can't get the spring back in it no matter how much I swear at it. :lol:

Did try making up a jig that I could wind the spring in then just press it in, but no joy.

So does anyone know who is a stiga parts dealer please.

Will get the numbers off it tomoz.

Yr getting some quality kit in now aren't you Rich:001_rolleyes: Its all about strong thumbs and slow rotation with recoil springs - got large hands so easy job for me:thumbup:

Whats on my bench - My cheapo McCulloch long reach, first the union between poles broke....again, then....again....now fixed, half way through the job and......the fooking engine won't rev out, carb off, usual tweaks and clean...bingo, all working again!

Now looking for a decent long reach as McCulloch cutters are made of cheese like metal!

Perhaps you would like a play with them Rich:lol::001_tt2:

Now on the bench, a cylinder for cleaning and porting for a 346XP NE, next up, trying to finish the 371XP I started before Stubbys 390XP lands for some serious porting:thumbup:

Yr getting some quality kit in now aren't you Rich:001_rolleyes: Its all about strong thumbs and slow rotation with recoil springs - got large hands so easy job for me:thumbup:

Whats on my bench - My cheapo McCulloch long reach, first the union between poles broke....again, then....again....now fixed, half way through the job and......the fooking engine won't rev out, carb off, usual tweaks and clean...bingo, all working again!

Now looking for a decent long reach as McCulloch cutters are made of cheese like metal!

Perhaps you would like a play with them Rich:lol::001_tt2:

Now on the bench, a cylinder for cleaning and porting for a 346XP NE, next up, trying to finish the 371XP I started before Stubbys 390XP lands for some serious porting:thumbup:

HA HA. Funny man, :lol::lol:

The hedgecutter is for he friend that lost his wife recently so its a favour job. Easier for me to just buy another recoil if I can. And yes I have huge hands. The recoil plastic is about 1 1/2 inch deep so trying to push a spring that far down while rotating and holding it is impossible.

Oh and as for quality kit the owner of the husky has decided its probably better to have the work done than get an injury from it. Now that is one heap of junk I wish he would have taken away with him. Damn junk thos husky things.:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

HA HA. Funny man, :lol::lol:

The hedgecutter is for he friend that lost his wife recently so its a favour job. Easier for me to just buy another recoil if I can. And yes I have huge hands. The recoil plastic is about 1 1/2 inch deep so trying to push a spring that far down while rotating and holding it is impossible.

Oh and as for quality kit the owner of the husky has decided its probably better to have the work done than get an injury from it. Now that is one heap of junk I wish he would have taken away with him. Damn junk thos husky things.:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

Ask Spud tae do it for you Rich ::BoomSmilie_anim:

Rich, just wind up the recoil spring away from the machine. Hold it tight between a thumb and forefinger and pull it tight. Wrap a few more coils and pull it again.

When its tight,and also a smaller diameter than the housing, pinch the coiled spring together with some long nose pliers and insert it into the housing. Hold it firmly in place and release the pliers. It will expand into the housing.

And, by the way, I am a main Stiga dealer, but I am on holiday, so no help there until next week, sorry.

You won't find me whinging about it for three days:001_rolleyes::001_tt2::001_tt2::lol:

A little less talk a little more action Rich - my wife could do it faster than you:thumbup:

Well I've not been on it for three days. Had two attempts. :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Ok I still have your adress bud. Will send it up to you...........

Well I've not been on it for three days. Had two attempts. :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Ok I still have your adress bud. Will send it up to you...........

If it gets the job done Rich, no worries, send it up, I am sure I will get it sorted pretty quick and back to you....:thumbup: