What's on your bench today?

spudulike

This week I have: X2 MS361 needing pot and piston and one of them needing lots of other parts as its been cannabilised, MS200 with muffler hanging off and not running right, likely to be pump piston,another MS200 needing muffler and a complete side/brake housing expensive in parts that one customer not sure. two rough 084's gonna make a good one out of both, HL75 needing new throttle cable, oh yeah and two Tanaka hedge trimmers for service.

Just back from a week out on business - parts for the HS81 trimmer throttle lock have arrived - just stripped and split the rear handle and fitted the parts.

Started second pull - all good, just as well as it is being picked up tomorrow:thumbup:

Just got the 346XP to finish porting and yet another HS81 to fettle!

Then on to.........an MS200T:001_rolleyes::lol:

Just back from a week out on business - parts for the HS81 trimmer throttle lock have arrived - just stripped and split the rear handle and fitted the parts.

Started second pull - all good, just as well as it is being picked up tomorrow:thumbup:

Just got the 346XP to finish porting and yet another HS81 to fettle!

Then on to.........an MS200T:001_rolleyes::lol:

I'm actually enjoying the break from the 200t saws at the mo. had one with a no spark. Changed that and now it won't tune. But it's on hold for a bit while I clear the sudden rush of 026 saws.

That and trying to get the landy through the mot. :lol::lol:

It has seemed like an extemely long day today as I have not been feeling well. Full of cold, sore throat etc.

I have had loads of interruptions in the shop, and even a surreal conversation with the head man from the local gypsy site who seems actually to be a very nice guy and has made me revise my ideas on true Romany Gypsies.

So I did very little to reduce my long queue of machines, just full services to an MS180, two HS80 hedgecutters and one HS61.

Now off home for a glass of spiced rum and some lemsip.

Well I was enjoying my day. Got the 026 saws done early this morning. All ready to return. Then started on a mower. Got the blades done and the deck is now level and riding like it should without dragging along the floor.

Then I hit the land rover failures. Wish I hadn't bothered now. It now sat outside the workshop. One wheel bearing really gone. And during the process f removing the hub the brake pipes went aswell. So now it looks like I'm out of a vehicle until middle of next week when the parts turn up..

So a good morning went to rat poo.

Sorry gardenkit I was also meant to call today aswell. Looks like you where busy... Will call tomorrow.

Looks like it hasn't been a good day all round then.

My bench has an unhappy 076, an unhappy 026 and a slightly unhappy 070 on it. Fortunately the other 070 is still happy. I then topped the day off by trying to cut a rafter whilst talking to someone on the phone and cut the joint backwards.

Hopefully a better day tomorrow.

Alec

whats up with the 076 mate and the 070

i had to wash my 076 carb out after tuesday milling got it home and would not start cleaned the carb and it run 3-1/2 hours today fine

It's not the 070 I was using on Tuesday - that's the happy one. It's even happier now I've stuck the choke lever from the other one on it, as it no longer takes two people to start it. The unhappy 070 needs some welding up on the starter cup as the lugs have worn off so it just spins. One of the front handle bolts has gone so I need a new one, and a new thrust washer and nut, and the top cover is missing a screw. I'll also need to find another choke lever.

The 076 wouldn't idle in the middle of milling on Tuesday (which is why I swapped to the 070) and now it won't start, although it will if you lob a bit of fuel on the top plate of the air inlet. May just need to wash the carb out (taking it off in a bit) but it may be that now it's had a good few tankfuls of Aspen through it the gaskets need replacing. I'll find out once it's in bits.

Just a bit annoying having a pile of not quite completely working saws (to add to the other 076 and that Tillotson carb to complete).

Alec