What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Not actually on my bench, as it isn't long enough, but I've been getting this ready to go and have a play next weekend. First time it has really been set up right - tuning was miles out but is now OK. A bit long-winded as there is no way to tune with the engine running as I can't keep the bar nose off the ground.

Alec

88in.JPG.14b9a1503609ca7ec40232cd873a4b5d.JPG

Agg. You need a vice so you can clamp the bar end in it with chain able torun free. One of the ones that you hammer into a bit of timber for chain sharpening may be good enough if you get it in solid enough. If not a vice bolted to some timber or even the floor. Will keep the bar off the deck and let the chain run round.

That's one hell of a long bar that :thumbup:

Not actually on my bench, as it isn't long enough, but I've been getting this ready to go and have a play next weekend. First time it has really been set up right - tuning was miles out but is now OK. A bit long-winded as there is no way to tune with the engine running as I can't keep the bar nose off the ground.

Alec

Well Alec - I think you have made us all feel a bit inadequate with the length of that thing - is it used to fell trees in next door but ones garden from your own property!:lol:

nice alec is it that bar form the US

and u got that big bit of oak to do next week end mate

Yes, and yes. I hope to make a start on it on Saturday. See how far I get in a day - might need to buy a few cans of Aspen:001_smile:

Alec

Well Alec - I think you have made us all feel a bit inadequate with the length of that thing - is it used to fell trees in next door but ones garden from your own property!:lol:

I'm going to say it's for reducing connie hedges, one swipe and it 3feet shorter :thumbup:

Couldn't get it on my bench, but again more scrap.You can still get parts for these but think I might strip it down and sell off the parts. I think its a 1965 with 3 forward and one reverse gear, supposed to have a few attachments to either fit the front or the back. Powered by a Villiers engine.

8542281222_8ed49dc95f.jpg

Couldn't get it on my bench, but again more scrap.You can still get parts for these but think I might strip it down and sell off the parts. I think its a 1965 with 3 forward and one reverse gear, supposed to have a few attachments to either fit the front or the back. Powered by a Villiers engine.

Is that a Monro Tiller?

Alec

I'm going to say it's for reducing connie hedges, one swipe and it 3feet shorter :thumbup:

The bar takes a full 7' cut, so I reckon you can cut just about anything you like with it. I can't actually get the whole saw fully assembled in the car, and I drive a Volvo estate! Mind you, lifting it is a whole different game. I still fancy my chances with it in a Le Mans start though :thumbup:

I should be able to get some pictures of what it's actually for next weekend.

A vice wouldn't actually help for tuning it (although it's a good idea) - the carb is close-coupled to the pot so it vibrates so much that you can't get a screwdriver in to the idle screw.

Alec

Edited by agg221