What's on your bench today?

spudulike

AlvinD, Just like the others say, be very carefull not to run without the cover on if the clutch drum has been removed, If should self tighten on acceleration, but can spin off on decelereration. If it spins off, at best you play hide and seek, at worse it rebounds off the wall and hits you in the nuts.:lol:

And as regards the running, hopefully it is tuning as the other techies have said, but it could be low compression, you say it pulls easily. You can sometimes start thiem and they will run at revs but will die as the revs drop off. If the comp is down no amount of tuning will help.

Been finishing off the ported 372XP today, I fitted a new carb kit and fuel line as it will be run on Aspen, pressure/vac tested it which it passed, fitted the unlimited coil only to find the HT lead was too short - it came off a 357XP so took off the lead and fitted a longer one - fired it up and on the original carb setting, it was heavily fourstroking, always a good sign!

Tached it up and it was fourstroking up to over 14,300rpm - standard is 13,500 maximum so the saw should go pretty well now and picks up pretty well.

The muffler mod looks kinda mean:thumbup:

P1040974.jpg.e43152002860af5566c8a5ffa94d9d47.jpg

P1040972.jpg.3e2f0a0fce70a4027d7ae7f4ab324754.jpg

P1040970.jpg.fda5f238fbe7101b1064280fd28a535f.jpg

Little update, I've set the L and H to the standard settings, I've the idle turned all the way up as far as she goes. The saw is easier to start at the idle on full and runs the bar on as you say and I've used the throttle and when's it's at 100% it cuts out but when I do up to 90% throttle it revs fine no probs.

Any lower on the idle the saw is very difficult to start and if it does it only runs for a few revs then conks out.

I appreciate its very hard to find answers across the net so thanks for the patience :thumbup: I have another carb ill try tomorrow and see if it goes any better.

Garden kit - I will remember this in future gonads need to stay in tact :)

Edited by AlvinD

Little update, I've set the L and H to the standard settings, I've the idle turned all the way up as far as she goes. The saw is easier to start at the idle on full and runs the bar on as you say and I've used the throttle and when's it's at 100% it cuts out but when I do up to 90% throttle it revs fine no probs.

Any lower on the idle the saw is very difficult to start and if it does it only runs for a few revs then conks out.

I appreciate its very hard to find answers across the net so thanks for the patience :thumbup: I have another carb ill try tomorrow and see if it goes any better.

The 020T I have jst done was a bit like that - had a seized piston:thumbdown:

You need a compression gauge - also worth checking the gauze filter in the carb pumping section but is sounding like it has been seized - you can pull the muffler out without taking the tank off but getting the thing back with the gasket in place is a bugger of a job! You will then be able to see the piston through the exhaust port and inspect for damage.

The 020T I have jst done was a bit like that - had a seized piston:thumbdown:

You need a compression gauge - also worth checking the gauze filter in the carb pumping section but is sounding like it has been seized - you can pull the muffler out without taking the tank off but getting the thing back with the gasket in place is a bugger of a job! You will then be able to see the piston through the exhaust port and inspect for damage.

I found this out about getting the exhaust back. I found that the bolts will hold the gasket in place on the end of the threads. You can also undo to two bolts holding the lower part of the cover off and it gives you just enough room to easily slide the exhaust and gasket down in place without it falling down. But I'm telling you to suck eggs again. Sorry. :biggrin:

Seized piston already? Lol it was only a new one on this afternoon a meteor one. Compression gauge ordered :thumbup1:

OK, then the compression should be OK, probably the carb - back to the gauze filter, if it isn't that, put a ultrasonic cleaner on the Christmas list:lol:

Rich - you try doing that on an older exhaust gasket - "easily" isn't what I would call it:001_rolleyes::blushing::lol:

OK, then the compression should be OK, probably the carb - back to the gauze filter, if it isn't that, put a ultrasonic cleaner on the Christmas list:lol:

Rich - you try doing that on an older exhaust gasket - "easily" isn't what I would call it:001_rolleyes::blushing::lol:

Ok. So the older ones are not so easy. I will give you that. :thumbup1::lol::lol: