What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Had an offer of a stihl 038 from my neighbour - just wondering if the assembled experts could advise on what to look out for as well as general comments on this saw. About 15 years old and been looked after and had regular if intermittent use.

Solid workhorses with a good reputation, a bit heavy by todays standards but still useable.

They have a long stroke and can be a bit slappy on the bottom of the stroke so you may get a bit of engine noise on idle but apart from that, generally tough machines.

I finally got round to something I have been meaning to do for a long time after struggling once again. It took less than 5 minutes to make, why didn't I do it years ago?

[ATTACH]103774[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]103775[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]103776[/ATTACH]

Nice job, will have to do one for myself:thumbup:

A ht 131 four mix pole saw on bench. Had it a while on there. Just can't get it to run right. One minute it's fine. Then stop it and start again and it won't tickover or rev high. Will just about run on full throttle. Checked everything I can think of. The engine is sound, getting good spark, getting fuel. So carb stripped and cleaned nothing jumped out at me. Oh we'll just keep going.

Anyone ever notice the ht131 has an accelerator pump in the carb???

A ht 131 four mix pole saw on bench. Had it a while on there. Just can't get it to run right. One minute it's fine. Then stop it and start again and it won't tickover or rev high. Will just about run on full throttle. Checked everything I can think of. The engine is sound, getting good spark, getting fuel. So carb stripped and cleaned nothing jumped out at me. Oh we'll just keep going.

Anyone ever notice the ht131 has an accelerator pump in the carb???

yes Rich, it does have a little pump piston.

Silly question, but are the valves adjusted properly. They are critical.