What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Try the 357/359 big bore kit! Tight tolerance in that! Had to lathe the piston to get it to fit without a gasket!

I was more concerned by the piston to bore fit. The piston was just a little bit too loose for my liking.

The kit was for a MS650, It ran OK, got no idea how it went after some use but it just looked like the manufacturer made the piston undersize to avoid seizure issues and was more than I consider OEM standard.

I was more concerned by the piston to bore fit. The piston was just a little bit too loose for my liking.

The kit was for a MS650, It ran OK, got no idea how it went after some use but it just looked like the manufacturer made the piston undersize to avoid seizure issues and was more than I consider OEM standard.

Try another 1 😜I just put my 064 back together and it was all good :thumbup:

Try another 1 😜I just put my 064 back together and it was all good :thumbup:

Yeah, what do I know, when you get the arrows on Chinese Pistons pointing to the inlet, incorrectly formed ring ends, under tempered rings, soft circlips and port bevels that bad that the ring snags in under five hours running......what do I know!

Hyway make some of the better kits but there is no way it is manufactured as well as Mahle or OEM kit. If you think it is then go buy a Trabbie and kid yourself it is a Mini Cooper:lol:

Sure the saw runs, it has compression and should be ok but the point I make is will it still pull a 3 foot bar in five years time?

I have used the odd kit where the saw has buggered the cylinder and the owner wants a cost effective repair but the longevity of the repair would concern me on a primary saw!

Circlips are as tough as old boots......[ATTACH]192932[/ATTACH] just saying :blushing:

Found a small screwdriver hanging out that hole tonight

What would be good would be a 660 with a Hyway kit on it after three years daily use in the field. Now a few of these still working with full power would be impressive.

A saw running after repair is one thing but it still be running in a few years time is more impressive and is something I aim for.

Congratulations on your perforated thumb but you haven't lived until you have stuck a 6mm drill straight through your fleshy part of your thumb:lol::

Let us know how it goes in time, will be good to know!

What would be good would be a 660 with a Hyway kit on it after three years daily use in the field. Now a few of these still working with full power would be impressive.

A saw running after repair is one thing but it still be running in a few years time is more impressive and is something I aim for.

Congratulations on your perforated thumb but you haven't lived until you have stuck a 6mm drill straight through your fleshy part of your thumb:lol::

Let us know how it goes in time, will be good to know!

Hahaha the thumb is nothing, done a lot worse in work:001_rolleyes:

Steve your have gave me the fear :laugh1: I'm not using this saw its an ornament now :thumbup: