What's on your bench today?

spudulike

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388253000.992934.jpg.c58e6495c55db7680048fc33e744a166.jpg

Another member asked me about this, as I didn't manage to upload the picture when I did it.

Basically it's an aluminium block with some M5 bolts through it, I also used an M5 tap on the crankcase and some locknuts

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ok. I'm going to swallow this one whole.

Aspen.

But for me it's the nice working environment in the workshop.

So there I actually like aspen, I've said it.

And not before time:biggrin:

To be honest, I started to use/sell aspen for many reasons, but one was the fact that the workshop and adjoining showroom and office always reeked of petrol fumes and exhaust fumes, and many customers commented on it.

Nowadays all petrol is removed outdoors and all serviced or repaired machines are fuelled with Aspen. We can run machines indoors without smell, and if a carb has to come off again and fuel is spilt, there is no nasty smell.

This makes a more pleasant atmosphere for us, and for our customers. Its like a breath of fresh air.

Also, I had suffered from nasal congestion for years, which cleared up within a few months of switching to Aspen.

So my staff (family) are happier and healthier, the customers are happier and we make money from the sale of Aspen. Win, Win.

Oh, and if you do stock it Rich, do as Dan says and stick to the 5litre cans. The 1 litre ones just do not sell, but you do end up giving them away which is kind of defeating the object.

Ok. I'm going to swallow this one whole.

Aspen.

I was sent a saw from Dan Earp jones, ms260, did have a problem with the drum heating up and the clutch. But between this and it coming to me a screwdriver had somehow ended up in the pot and damaged the piston beyond repair and the pot was damaged, but after chatting with spud I decided I would give it a go at repairing it. It worked well, managed to get the damage out and a new meteor piston in. Now pulling 170psi.

Now the swallow bit. This saw is run on aspen. So a bit dubious over it, so after some checking the carb settings and a few stop start moments. Meter arm height was out. If anyone has a pic of the arm and a gauge etc could they add them please. Have looked back but can't find them.

And eventually got the saw tuned and running very nice indeed. Now aspen, it was actually really pleasant to be able to start the saw and not get chocked out by smoke and fumes, especially from a flooded saw. It smelt nice. So I will actually recommend aspen to the casual user or the gardener. The price will be the decider for them. But for me it's the nice working environment in the workshop.

So there I actually like aspen, I've said it.

Careful Barrie. :lol::lol:

Glad our little chat was of use:thumbup:

Fixed the 090 today, had cleaned the carb and it then wouldn't idle, closer inspection revealed I hadn't put the plastic connector on the fuel strainer on properly :blushing: all hunky-dory now :D

Next in, partner k650 active I fixed about 6 months ago, owner has had one of his employees straight fuel it, it apparently ran so I checked it, 70psi, pulled muffler and it's a 360 seize! New pot n piston job, will upload pics when I get the parts to do the repair

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well the MS650 is up and running - new crank, bearings, seals and a decent OEM top end fitted - full rebuild and sounds smooth - just need to sell it now:thumbup:

MS200T - piston arrived today, two hours later and it was fitted and running - sweet:thumbup:

Two new transformers fitted on our recessed lighting in a loft with around 1.5' clearance - painful experience.

Car packed up, disconnected the battery to reset the EPU and then jumped it off the wifes one - started and now seems OK.

I need a holiday:001_rolleyes::lol:

Oh what a day.

Two ms200t in, both not running right. First one was a simple tune on the high low. Second one was dying when throttle pulled, would run ok if fettle. A quick retune and it is running spot on.

Ms260, dying on throttle, and just running very rough in cut. All tested out ok, so cleaned and tuned the carb, now running like stink.

Ms260, aspen run, will rev out for a few seconds, then just die, but will fire right back up again. Everything is ok except I haven't vac or pressure tested the seals. So top job next.

And a regular stopped in with a 080av, no power in cut but running ok, checked high low and they where well out, screwed back in to factory, 1 turn each, and is going like a goodn.

He also inquired into a tipper back for his hillux. So looking into it and looks like a go ahead for that. Only problem is the fuel filler will need to be modified as it runs through the old back body. So will need diverting for new tipper.