I want the finest you ever cut.

TrollSpiel

I'm after a slab of wood. I could go to timberline and pick any exotic I like, but I thought i'd see what my milling peers might have on offer.

It's for a guitar body, a new shreading axe I want to make for myself. Must be exceptional quality, totally dry and super stable. Older the better, too. 2" thick.

I dont know what you guys might have tucked away, could be something fancy straight grained, or some wild maple, or something quilted / ripple. Hardwoods only.

should look as nice as this bit of bubinga - hopefully 10 times nicer!

BubingaRGThree.jpg.29fda9a41f9ccab783a119c908502401.jpg

possibly Rich, depends on what wood i get. I'm no lover of the PRS quilted bookmatch look, but if something as cool as this appeared, then yeah, I'd have to.:biggrin:

It's not something that has to match like a custom shop PRS 50yr old bit of bookmatched wood, cos i'm just chucking an ibanez wizard two neck on it, I just want a FINE looking bit of timber - and I have nowt in my own collection.

devilguitar.jpg.cc4860c52da2ebbcac5f174b043801eb.jpg

Tricky one... lump of pinky burr quartersawn London Plane would blow most people's socks off. Failing that a crazy mindwarp chunk of Yew (if you can live with a conifer). Yew is at it's craziest and most colourful when there's metal in the timber- all sorts of purples and blues going on.....

Hi Wills - I was thinking of the QS plane, and I have a few big lumps - but I dont wanna wait two years! The yew, I cut some wild wild yew too, full of eyes and flames, purlpe streaks and all manner of forest beings souls imbued within it - it's that I made that saurons throne out of.

I want something, silkier. something that makes you want to touch it.