Ideas for my barn find

rowan lee

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GOOD LUCK ---my other job is a panel beater and restore loads of cars - especialy beetles , me bro loves them

when people say there worth loads they are full of @$%^ , a standard car is worth 2-3k in average condition , if you buy a scrapper you will spend that much doing it up... if you want to keep it thats great , but for profit , no way..

heater channels , floor pans ? i recon they will be shot if you split the body from the floor , brace the shell between the doors posts otherwise when you cut out the channels IT WILL MOVE . :)

the beetle me n me bro built has about 12k in bits on it not including the labour which of course we do ourselfs .... bugs are great , even better with a big engine and airbags

just seen the picture , looks dry . 1200cc 70's bug ?.. i recon that motor will fire up and still go no probs , haha , we got a bug that had been in a garage for 16years , rotten box it was - jumped it and a bit of juice and it fired striaght up , mint..

the enignes now in the show bug , but got a full rebuild , bored out... does 120mph , takes out cats eyes if you have the front end to low

just seen the picture , looks dry . 1200cc 70's bug ?

No the badge says 1967, so late 60's. My younger cousin (the car expert) reckoned it was a 1600cc model but im not sure about that (1300cc me thinks). Of interest in this model is the transmission and the front brakes.

There is no clutch, but does have a gear stick so some sort of semi automatic version. The front brakes are disk brakes which Im informed weren't the standard issue of this cars time.

Any idea's on jumping a semi automatic car?