QCF Level 4 Qualification in Arboriculture

David Humphries

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two years left on my fdsc, my associate membership has lapsed unfortunately. Providing i pass the fdsc in two years time and renew my associate membership now what level will i be. I thought i would be a level4, but has that now changed? Goal post moving is very confusing! :)

Hi Ginja, I'll try and explain.

Firstly apologies if it appears the goalpost is moving, this is caused by the advent of the QCF (Qualifications and Credits Framework), superceding the old NQF (National Qualifications Framework), and the associated reclassification of some qualifications, i.e. (the old) Tech Cert Arb from level 3 to level 4 (from Jan. 2012).

In essence if you renew your Asociate membership now, keep it continuous for 2 years, AND attain the FdSc (Arboriculture) which is level 5, you will qualify for 'Professional Member', i.e. M.Arbor.A

As I understand it after 12months of study you will have achieved the Foundation Certificate, whihc is level4, and this would allow access to Technician Member, i.e. Tech.Arbor.A

Hope this make thinsg a bit clearer (if not shout back.)

Cheers..

Paul

I have signed up to do the new course at treelife , I've never been a member of AA , does that put me at a disadvantage.Does that mean that I won't be able to put letters after my name for some time after, hopefully ,completing the course.I had thought of joining but was waiting till Jan 1st to start my membership .

I have signed up to do the new course at treelife , I've never been a member of AA , does that put me at a disadvantage.Does that mean that I won't be able to put letters after my name for some time after, hopefully ,completing the course.I had thought of joining but was waiting till Jan 1st to start my membership .

Hi there,

By the "new course" with Treelife is this at level 4 or level 6? Either way, on succesful completion, that in itself will, I presume, allow use of some form of post-nominals (it used to be Tech.Cert.Arbor.A or RFS PD Arb respectively) recognising the qualification achieved (perhaps DipArb(4) ot DipArb (6))...might be worth checking though.

The options for AA related post nominals arise from a combination of number of years prior membership, 0 for Associate and Tecnician, min. 2 for Professional and therefater min. 5 for Fellow, AND qualifications attained starting from level 3.

See Membership overview - Arboricultural Association for further info and/or post back.

Cheers and good luck with TreeLife I'm (very) sure you'll enjoy it and gain much!

Paul

Hi Ginja, I'll try and explain.

Firstly apologies if it appears the goalpost is moving, this is caused by the advent of the QCF (Qualifications and Credits Framework), superceding the old NQF (National Qualifications Framework), and the associated reclassification of some qualifications, i.e. (the old) Tech Cert Arb from level 3 to level 4 (from Jan. 2012).

In essence if you renew your Asociate membership now, keep it continuous for 2 years, AND attain the FdSc (Arboriculture) which is level 5, you will qualify for 'Professional Member', i.e. M.Arbor.A

As I understand it after 12months of study you will have achieved the Foundation Certificate, whihc is level4, and this would allow access to Technician Member, i.e. Tech.Arbor.A

Hope this make thinsg a bit clearer (if not shout back.)

Cheers..

Paul

Hi Paul,

After completeing (and getting distinction marks in) my first year FdSc, does that mean i qualify to be a Technician member?

If so how do i go about changing it from an associate?

Hi Paul,

After completeing (and getting distinction marks in) my first year FdSc, does that mean i qualify to be a Technician member?

If so how do i go about changing it from an associate?

Hi Rob, hope you're well.

Yes, in principle, although we would need evdience from the college, i.e. a certificate, to make the award.

If you can provided this submit it to [email protected]

Cheers..

Paul

ive got my marks, is it in the form of a transcript for the first year

i've just thought though, as its classed as part time learning would it be the first 2 years to get the certificate rather than a full time 1 year?

And yes i am well apart from getting wet everyday but thats part and parcel of the job unfortunately:biggrin:

ive got my marks, is it in the form of a transcript for the first year

i've just thought though, as its classed as part time learning would it be the first 2 years to get the certificate rather than a full time 1 year?

And yes i am well apart from getting wet everyday but thats part and parcel of the job unfortunately:biggrin:

Yeah, what we'd need is something that says level 4 and, as I understand it, the Foundation Certificate achieves that but if you are studying part-time it may be something more than you have at this stage.

You'd need to ask at the college.

Cheers...n don't for get ur 'pac-a-mac!'